The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Urgh. I feel terrible; I've felt mentally drained for the past week but have had to keep pushing myself further and my brain's running on fumes. All I've been doing from sun up to sun down is waking up, eating breakfast, getting ready and making sure the fridge is stocked(meaning I've made food runs) and then heading to uni and studying full on while listening to music, only getting up for bathroom breaks and doing exams. Snacking on bananas, wine gums and drinks during the day but on a few occasions after an exam finishes I'll go back to the library until it closes at midnight. Go home, do dinner and wind down to sleep. You can sustain that for a couple of days and make blistering progress but after a 2, 3 days you really begin to suffer because you need time to recover but even if you do take a few minutes and recover a little it's not enough because you also know you've got more work to do so you're not quite relaxed, not fully recovered so as you keep pushing yourself beyond your limits you really start to suffer. Run on fumes. You find it hard to learn as quickly, you find it hard to recall everything you learned in exams. You don't have a time for much else. I need to doing some tidying and cleaning. Need to make appointments, bookings. But all I've had time for is the bare necessities and I really want it to end. Its almost over but I'm not quite there and I misplaced my student ID again so I need to find it again.
If anyone wants something cute to cheer them up today, just saw this! :penguin:

The original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H2FLRUtdmU
A funny voiceover one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9c8FJ19yVE

:hugs: to all that need it!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
If anyone wants something cute to cheer them up today, just saw this! :penguin:

The original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H2FLRUtdmU
A funny voiceover one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9c8FJ19yVE

:hugs: to all that need it!

Even had my mum giggling that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Even had my mum giggling that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was one of the weird things that appears on facebook occasionally, but unusually had me laughing for ages :lol:
Original post by furryface12
It was one of the weird things that appears on facebook occasionally, but unusually had me laughing for ages :lol:

I just love when he jumps over, but i was then waiting for him to go arse over tit backwards! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
****ing hell. I cannot ****ing stand this any longer
Original post by ScaryScience
****ing hell. I cannot ****ing stand this any longer

*ofers hugs*
One of the boys on this trip with us is the most annoying, immature, loud and just irritating person I've ever met :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I enrolled on my pgde this afternoon! I missed my enrolment time and got dreadfully lost and then I freaked a little but it's all sorted now :biggrin:

I also disclosed my crazies. I havent seen a doctor in about two years so worried that getting my dsa back might be hard but I didn't need the doctor because of all the arrangements through dsa/disability support so don't know where that leaves me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I enrolled on my pgde this afternoon! I missed my enrolment time and got dreadfully lost and then I freaked a little but it's all sorted now :biggrin:

I also disclosed my crazies. I havent seen a doctor in about two years so worried that getting my dsa back might be hard but I didn't need the doctor because of all the arrangements through dsa/disability support so don't know where that leaves me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:dancing:
Original post by ParadoxSocks

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay for enrolling *hands glitter* xx
Original post by superwolf
:dancing:

I didn't think I'd get to this point! I'm so happy and terrified and full of lots of crazy brilliant feelings.

Original post by hellokittymad
yay for enrolling *hands glitter* xx

Yay glitter! Having a student loan spending spree to celebrate :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I'm not replying to people - SO unbelievably stressed. This is more stressful than my Oxford degree, and I don't understand how anything could be more stressful than that :s-smilie:

Just writing to say met new nurse today. She seems nice and competent and wants to see me every 2 weeks (but can always phone her to meet earlier if needed). So far so good! :biggrin:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry I'm not replying to people - SO unbelievably stressed. This is more stressful than my Oxford degree, and I don't understand how anything could be more stressful than that :s-smilie:

Just writing to say met new nurse today. She seems nice and competent and wants to see me every 2 weeks (but can always phone her to meet earlier if needed). So far so good! :biggrin:

:hugs: glad your new nurse is nice.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Oh wow. Just try and breathe and make use of all of the support you can find! Yay for having a nice nurse. Hopefully she'll help make things easier for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes! Managed to stay on at York for the next year. Need to up my game though. Just scrapped a 2:1. Though really pleased I went from 19 to 65.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72
Yes! Managed to stay on at York for the next year. Need to up my game though. Just scrapped a 2:1. Though really pleased I went from 19 to 65.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo! :yay:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks Odd. How's life treating you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't do this. Going to book myself a flight home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay you! That's a pretty impressive difference! Good luck for your next year :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest