The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luno
Nights/ early mornings are worse because the house is too quiet and I am completely alone and end up over thinking and just feeling worse :sigh:. I think going to bed at a 'normal' time would help I guess and I have been trying to.

I'm avoiding sad videos, especially at night! I've downloaded some stuff to help distract me if I can't sleep... watching something probably isn't the best idea to help sort out my sleeping pattern but I would rather do that than get overwhelmed by negative/sad thoughts and cry.

I'm hopefully going to visit a place this week to volunteer at, which is good. I've been kind of lost without a plan/ structure, which is strange because I would have loved to have nothing to do or a bit more time off before starting my postgrad but now I wish I had something do focus on. I wrote a list like you advised and it has helped... mainly a list of emails to send and people to contact but now I am just waiting for replies. I'm hoping to get back into reading and baking again, which should help but there is only so much I can read and bake!

Video games are a good distraction :smile:. What are you currently playing?

ah okay, fair enough, yeah that makes sense, but it's not your fault if your sleep is being silly! hopefully it sorts out a bit soon!

yeah, hopefully the less sad videos help then! sorry you struggling so much though!

volunteering sounds good :smile: im glad it helped! am sure they were glad to get the emails :smile: sounds like you have some good ideas for things to do then :h:

yeah, definitely, downloaded Skyrim on my PC so playing through that atm :biggrin: hope things improve for you soon! :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:eek: for 9am starts! I'm no good at them. Not sure what to suggest other than caffeine :no:
:

I think caffeine is the way to go!
Original post by Noodlzzz
I think caffeine is the way to go!

:yep:

:hugs:
Original post by bullettheory
I just feel so low and stressed at the moment. I've got uni, work, and training and work, it's just so much. And then my girlfriend isn't well at the moment and there has been talk of her going into hospital. I just can't figure out how to cope. DBT skills aren't working and Ella is loud at the moment. I don't know what to do. I'm really stretched.

:console: Is there anything you can put on hold till you're feeling better able to manage things? I'm here if you want someone to talk to (can come on skype just now if you like? :smile:), and I'm sure there are people in real life who'd be happy to listen too. Remember you don't have to have all of the solutions to every single problem, you're doing your best and nobody can ask for better than that. :nah:

Best wishes to girlfriend and kitty! :emog:
I'm a useless friend :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's not true, socky.
Original post by .snowflake.
that's not true, socky.

T'is, I always let people down

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sockles have many uses, not least keeping your feet warm. :h:
T'is, I always let people down

Posted from TSR Mobile

you don't always. I'm sure of that!
Original post by superwolf
:console: Is there anything you can put on hold till you're feeling better able to manage things? I'm here if you want someone to talk to (can come on skype just now if you like? :smile:), and I'm sure there are people in real life who'd be happy to listen too. Remember you don't have to have all of the solutions to every single problem, you're doing your best and nobody can ask for better than that. :nah:

Best wishes to girlfriend and kitty! :emog:

I wish there was but I can't think of anything. I was doing alright a few weeks ago but recently just been falling apart. Thanks for the Skype offer, but I'm out atm but thank you so much. I dunno, I'm just struggling so much today
:eek: for 9am starts! I'm no good at them. Not sure what to suggest other than caffeine :no:

:jumphug:

Just keep remembering that Ella is not real, hun! Hang on in there. Do you have any grounding techniques that are separate from your DBT techniques, that could help you focus on the here and now? :console:

Thanks :hugs: I've been trying some basic grounding but no luck. I just feel on the verge of tears so much. Wish I could just hide
Original post by ScaryScience
:console: unfortunately I don't have any advice - I can empathise though cause the reason I stopped quetiapine was due to sedation. Could you ask your doctor to see if they have any suggestions?

:hugs: Anything in particular that's bothering you?

Just feel so overwhelmed and scared. Don't know how to cope
Original post by bullettheory
Thanks :hugs: I've been trying some basic grounding but no luck. I just feel on the verge of tears so much. Wish I could just hide

Keep us informed of how you're doing and keep posting in here. You're not alone! We're here to support you! :jumphug:
Reply 4493
L word is some scary ****.
Original post by samba
L word is some scary ****.

Lesbians?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4495

Less fantasising you :p: The 4 letter one lol.
Finished my 6 month internship today. I did it! :king1: Can't remember how many days off I had but I am confident they'll give a good reference.

Thanks to all of you for cheering me on and keeping me company online during working hours (not that I've been on TSR during working hours :nah: :ninja: :ahee: ) :grouphugs:

You rock!! :rock: Such an inspiration to us all :h: :hugs:

Take some time to celebrate, you EARNED it :yep: :hugs:
Original post by IDukem
You rock!! :rock: Such an inspiration to us all :h: :hugs:

Take some time to celebrate, you EARNED it :yep: :hugs:

Awww, thank you sweetie :lovehug:
Awww, thank you sweetie :lovehug:

No worries little miss sunshine and thanks for taking your time out earlier, I owe you one :lovehug:
Original post by samba
Less fantasising you :p: The 4 letter one lol.

It's a Scott Pilgrim reference :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest