The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meaty_man
A lot of things can affect your sleep, and not all of them we have control over. Having a routine time to go to bed and get up helps, since our bodies seem to like routine stuff.

There's things you can do like having a warm drink before bed, a warm bath/shower, not looking at a screen just before going to bed, and generally trying to wind down. I try to put what i know into practice but either i don't try hard enough, or i just suck at sleeping.

How long have you had a problem for? My problem has only been recent but its been too much for me to take so far.

I need to try and stick to a routine, I guess.
Think I might tell my mum about my anxiety today.
Original post by superwolf
You're meant to change every six weeks, but the woman who ran the group said she was happy for me to stay if there was room. No room though, they have to prioritise new people.

Oh no! Its a shame you dont stick with pretty much the same people! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
Think I might tell my mum about my anxiety today.

:lovehug:
Original post by shadowdweller
I think someone has a script to disable auto-anon :holmes:

ummm, hows that?:redface:
crying and crying and crying. feels like grief somehow.
Original post by cupcakes87
ummm, hows that?:redface:

Like, an add-on/program that disables it :tongue:
Original post by shadowdweller
Like, an add-on/program that disables it :tongue:

how can i disable it? :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous

:jumphug:

just rung mum. eibsdibhucbsehcbsery now have rage pulsing through me so bad. arghhhhhhhh.
Original post by PonchoKid
Nahhh, guides was just making me ill, like last week i was terrified to even leave the flat incase something bad happened, and its not good for me :frown:
Gonna see if going to senior section might help instead of leadering :dontknow: i know its still possible to get my QGA done even with this slip up.
Thanks hun, have fun with the dog :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, probably best avoided then :frown: Senior section could be better though hopefully? Good that you can continue with QGA thoguh :yep:
Umm it was... eventful :lol: You know those days when everything seems to go so wrong that it just turns out funny? :redface:
Original post by furryface12
Ah, probably best avoided then :frown: Senior section could be better though hopefully? Good that you can continue with QGA thoguh :yep:
Umm it was... eventful :lol: You know those days when everything seems to go so wrong that it just turns out funny? :redface:

The leader said that its ok but still feel awful :sad:
Yeah thinking that i dont have the pressure of being a leader, and get to know people.
Yeah, got 3 years to do 60 hours and hopefully with the SS i can do camps and stuff

One of them if you dont laugh youl cry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
just rung mum. eibsdibhucbsehcbsery now have rage pulsing through me so bad. arghhhhhhhh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
The leader said that its ok but still feel awful :sad:
Yeah thinking that i dont have the pressure of being a leader, and get to know people.
Yeah, got 3 years to do 60 hours and hopefully with the SS i can do camps and stuff

One of them if you dont laugh youl cry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you told them though rather than just not turning up :yep: Yeah that should help a bit, and it's less of a problem if you don't feel like ggoing one night too. Hopefully! Camps are good :moon:

That's the one! Although just read something I realllly shouldn't have and now crying instead :cry2:
Just dropped a cookie on my arm, as I was taking them out of the oven. Ouchie! Like napalm, it burnt and it was sticky and it wouldn't wipe off. Baking is dangerous :yep:
Original post by cupcakes87
aah thats really good! whats been your favourite part about it so far? :smile:

umm i do but id rather not say here :redface: and i can always feel like a pressure on me like something physical around me pushing in because i think i subconsciously worry that i wont get offers :frown:

i just need to make sure i stick to everything and get it all done. one of my main problems is that i worry about almost everything so i avoid tasks till last minute and then that just adds to my stress :frown:

aww! :hugs: i really hope you are feeling better now!

another thing that i have a tendency to always do is live in a fake bubble of happy! its like i make myself purposley cheerful infront of eveyone and go about everything like its normal when inside i feel like a a big mess! :sigh:

oohhh, tough question :tongue: studies wise, probably what we're doing now (neuro) because the brain is awesome :biggrin: medical-y wise, its a toss up between - i did a week long placement with a GP during the summer and got to take a bunch of bloods and medical histories and generally felt like a doctor :smile: or last week on placement, i got to scrub in on an operation and hold equipment and talk to the surgeon, which was pretty cool :smile:

no problem at all hun :smile: in my last year of sixth form i banned my whole family from speaking about university until after results day because i'd have panic attacks thinking about it, so i really do understand that pressure completely :smile:

i struggle with the exact same thing tbh hun, so i wish i could give you some tips :redface: mainly i'd just say letting people know when you're feeling bad takes the pressure off certain tasks - for example, i told my module coordinators at uni last semester, which meant that they would understand if i didn't meet a deadline, so there was a little less pressure when it came to getting things done, which ended up in me actually being able to meet deadlines instead of hiding under my duvet :redface:

again, something i struggle with too - i've been having mental health problems for at least 5 years now - and i only saw a doctor about them last february :colondollar: and my parents still have no idea :colondollar:
Original post by Valvopus
Just dropped a cookie on my arm, as I was taking them out of the oven. Ouchie! Like napalm, it burnt and it was sticky and it wouldn't wipe off. Baking is dangerous :yep:

deliciously dangerous though :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Team_McDreamy

deliciously dangerous though :tongue:

So very true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
will the tears and the hurt ever stop? :cry2:
will the tears and the hurt ever stop? :cry2:

Yes hun. I promise. Wish we could take them away sooner rather than later :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks. wont say too much on here but yeah. not a good night.

:hugs: hopefully tonight goes better for you, here if you need to chat, I'll message you my number as well (keep forgetting to message you back :redface:)

Latest