The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Nothing to apologise for, you silly billy! :nah: We love and value you just as you are :lovehug: And your efforts do not go unappreciated :hugs:

Think I'm gonna hide back in bed now, so if I don't reply, that means I've fallen asleep :colondollar:

Stop it, you're making me teary eyed :teehee: Thank you, I am truly thankful for your kindness TLG over the last however long it has been :lovehug: Although it's unfortunate that I'm developing feelings for a girl who's in a relationship, it feels good that I'm feeling that "feeling" after going so long without it :moon:

No worries, you rest hun! Thank you again :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by guitaristemily
being behin din like 3 subjects is not fun

i think, currently, 7. i did 2 last year too, and failed 1, did ok in the other

Could you possibly drop one and do a study skills option, to give you more time to get your work done? I know it might not sound like the perfect option but i am worried your over working yourself and your going to make yourself seriously ill.

I nearly missed my art exams due to exhaustion and its not fun at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
I doubt it - certainly not to you, Tasha etc, I'll come in every once in a while for period of time just so I don't out-stay my welcome :h:

:unimpressed: we love you millions and squillions and dont want you to EvER leave ok! :jumphug: :lovehug: :penguinhug: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
:unimpressed: we love you millions and squillions and dont want you to EvER leave ok! :jumphug: :lovehug: :penguinhug: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll still be here, maybe not as frequently, but still here nonethless :h: :hugs:
Could you possibly drop one and do a study skills option, to give you more time to get your work done? I know it might not sound like the perfect option but i am worried your over working yourself and your going to make yourself seriously ill.

I nearly missed my art exams due to exhaustion and its not fun at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i dont think my school would let me.

i had to take today off school becuase i couldnt actaully talk. think im coming down with a cold or something. ughhh. dont need this right now - i need o be able to sing so i can perpare for my peroforming arts exam in 5 months.
Original post by IDukem
I'll still be here, maybe not as frequently, but still here nonethless :h: :hugs:

We love you Dukey :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i had to take today off school becuase i couldnt actaully talk. think im coming down with a cold or something. ughhh. dont need this right now - i need o be able to sing so i can perpare for my peroforming arts exam in 5 months.

They would! Schools are surprisingly lenient if there aware and you ask.

Spoiler

You need you time, please thing about stuff :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I knew you irl, i'd give you a masive squeezy hug. In any case, :hugs:
You don't know if they'll let you, unless you ask. And so what if you leave school with fewer GCSEs than your classmates? Most colleges and sixth forms are only really interested in you getting a C in maths, english and 3 other subjects. You can always take more at a later date, or take a year out to get better. This will NOT affect whether you can go to uni. Seriously, Universities are used to people having odd education histories, applying with active mental illness. If they know you have MH issues, the university will bend over backwards to keep you on the course. The disabled student support people here have thrown literally EVERYTHING they can think of at me. They've suggested a smaller exam venue and always being in there for my exams, rest breaks during exams if everything gets a bit too much. Lending me a dictaphone to record lectures with if i'm having a bad day and my anxiety makes it difficult to concentrate, or having a notetaker.
(edited 9 years ago)
They would! Schools are surprisingly lenient if there aware and you ask.

Spoiler

You need you time, please thing about stuff :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

my school are useless at helping people. i asked for help with stress and i got a list with timings and even moree tasks for me to do. and due dtates. ughhh doesnt help at all.

Original post by .snowflake.
If I knew you irl, i'd give you a masive squeezy hug. In any case, :hugs:

<3
my school are useless at helping people. i asked for help with stress and i got a list with timings and even moree tasks for me to do. and due dtates. ughhh doesnt help at all.

<3

Your school with have a pastoral care person, go to them, thats their job. Its in the schools interests to help you. They can get you support that will help you. I promise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your school with have a pastoral care person, go to them, thats their job. Its in the schools interests to help you. They can get you support that will help you. I promise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

but if they will actually help me is up to them. and knowing their record, they wont.
I am now seeing my MH as something I live with as suppose to recover (cure) from. No more sodding around with meds that alter my personality, no more mucking around with stupid nhs therapy for you when they cancel and don't bother to tell you the day before or the morning before.

For me now so long as I keep myself busy with distractions, make mild adjustments to my life I live with it. To me its diabetes not a broken leg. If I have bad few weeks I have bad few weeks if I have a good few weeks I have good few weeks/hour/day/20 mins.

If I end up in crisis I will them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DLA came through! :banana:

Original post by alexyyyy
Thank you for your nice comment. I am struggling to make it in today due to my OCD but I hope support will be in place for next week. I am really trying and am reading up about all the lectures at home! I have talked to my additional learning support mentor. Thank you again.

No problem. :smile: Sounds like you're really trying to make a go of it with uni - best of luck to you!

Original post by IDukem
I hope not, I really like it here :'-) I can classify some of you as a friend, that's how much this means to me :smile:

I'm sorry I can be too eccentric at times, I'm sorry I'm not the best advice giver, I'm sorry that I can be a broken record at times, I'm sorry I say the wrong things from time to time, I'm sorry I can over-compliment. Most of the time, especially in regards to the last one, I do it because I care about...well...you(everyone) :redface:

I try man...I do try...I do.

Good to have you about the place. :hugs: :h:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs: Try not to worry too much, it's so easily done! A lot of receptionists aren't as nice as they should be and it's easy to panic :sadnod:

You came back :gah:

Good to see you on here, sweetie. And can totally empathise with your predicament of being in love with someone unavailable. Tiz fun, isn't it? :nopity:

He didn't say anything about it but I couldn't think straight and didn't mention most of what I needed to mention (including MH stuff) and he was kind of unhelpful too when he normally is and now just feel even worse than I did before I went :cry2: Also just been offered two weeks work experience in London which is amazing but I really couldn't cope with it at the minute so don't know what to say to them cus I want to do it :s-smilie: Sorry about the rant there, hope you're ok :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
but if they will actually help me is up to them. and knowing their record, they wont.

But have you tried?
Iv found i have to be pro active about my mental health, or it wont improve in the slightest. And its suprising how helpful can be when they know the FULL story. I genuinly think youl be pleasently suprised if you ask.
Maybe your form tutor wasnt fully listening and thought you were just stressed, have you been back and explained?
Do you know who your pastoral support is in your school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
But have you tried?
Iv found i have to be pro active about my mental health, or it wont improve in the slightest. And its suprising how helpful can be when they know the FULL story. I genuinly think youl be pleasently suprised if you ask.
Maybe your form tutor wasnt fully listening and thought you were just stressed, have you been back and explained?
Do you know who your pastoral support is in your school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i only told him i was stressed. im not open at all about my mental health to my school, or my parents for that matter. Im not even dianogsed with anthing.
i only told him i was stressed. im not open at all about my mental health to my school, or my parents for that matter. Im not even dianogsed with anthing.

Then i feel he did the right thing for what you told him IMO.
I wasnt honest with myself about my mental health for a long time, years infact and it hasnt done me any good whatsoever.
Can i ask why you wont go to the drs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Then i feel he did the right thing for what you told him IMO.
I wasnt honest with myself about my mental health for a long time, years infact and it hasnt done me any good whatsoever.
Can i ask why you wont go to the drs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

all he did was make a ****ing list with deadlines, and apoxx timeings. and it made me worse, and i was trying to ell that to him and he wouldnt listen.

im too scared to go to my docs.
all he did was make a ****ing list with deadlines, and apoxx timeings. and it made me worse, and i was trying to ell that to him and he wouldnt listen.

im too scared to go to my docs.

But for someone presenting with stress that is a perfectly acceptable tool to help them, i know when i get stressed i write out deadlines and stuff to help me.

What specifically are you scared about?
We could help because i dont know anyone on here that WASNT scared to initially go to the drs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest