The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by PandaWho
No cos then well be in debt to you and we cant afford to be in more debt!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah don't worry about it! Can pay back end of next week or whatever :smile: It's only £20! Get to pm'ing!
Reply 801
Scrabble and Chat @ 0040 people. Gamestart 0045!
Original post by Odd socks
Should I listen to them? What if I've upset her :/ I'm too empathic to fight with people :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah. I had something like this myself recently. Not quite the same but I realised if I confront this person right now, respond to this, whatever, I'm just going to have high emotions. I'm going to be angry and hurt and upset and by trying to deal with it while I'm in such a high state of emotions and this person also probably not being very calm nothing good will come of it. You would both be upset, you'd achieve nothing. The best thing to do is put it from your mind and try to do something to distract yourself and have a good time. Put it from your mind. Take up a hobby.
Original post by furryface12
:hugs: That's not being rubbish, that's just needing someone to talk to! And you made contact then, so you're not rubbish at that either :no: Plus you reply to absolutely everyone on here about everything (even me! :eek:) so that definitely makes you not in anyway rubbish!

Spoiler

How was the cinema? Meant to ask in my other post but pressed send my accident again then it wouldn't let me edit :colondollar:

:colondollar: Thanks :s-smilie: :redface: :hugs: Don't be "even me! :eek:"! Of course you! :smile:

Spoiler

Was awesome thanks :redface: The film was really funny and good :biggrin: might well watch again. Also got a "Movie Magic Card" basically a loyalty card for that cinema (it's a smaller chain of cinemas "Merlin Cinemas" that's just in the south west), which I'd been thinking of getting, but had decided against - would need to go 5 times in the year to make it worthwhile - but they had a special thing on that meant you got that first film free - so it was like a small amount extra to get membership over what a normal film would be - just have to see 1 more film to make it worthwhile :redface: :woo:
It's nice because I'm always watching films/in the cinema at Uni - now can do it more often at home too :tongue: :biggrin:

Is it okay if I reply to main message tomorrow? Sorry being rubbishy :s-smilie:

Original post by lauraaaaa
<3!

Thanks :hugs: Will try and reply to you tomorrow :s-smilie: Sorry just rubbishy tonight :s-smilie: at least currently.

Original post by PandaWho
burrying my head in the sand :sad:

so ****ing stupid, gonna end up badly :frown:

:jumphug:

Original post by penguindrum
hello all! bet no one remembers me :lol: decided to drop by and say hallo! :smile:

Spoiler

I vaguely remember a penguin being about for a bit :tongue: :smile: Though I can't be 100% sure :colondollar: Good to have you here again regardless :smile: (even if I'm also sorry that you're feeling bleh enough to come alone here :redface:)

Spoiler

Original post by samba
Scrabble and Chat @ 0040 people. Gamestart 0045!

:woo: :redface: Not sure how long I'll stay around, but will be there for the first match for sure :yep: :smile: Need a distraction :redface:
Reply 804
http://wabble.org/Fvddjx

odd socks
I'm cute

purple-duck
I'm cute

sabertooth
I'm cute

scaryscience
I'm the cutest
Reply 805
Original post by samba
Nah don't worry about it! Can pay back end of next week or whatever :smile: It's only £20! Get to pm'ing!

Naa we always pay late cos they set the standing order up to go out the day before pay day haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexs2602
Nah. I had something like this myself recently. Not quite the same but I realised if I confront this person right now, respond to this, whatever, I'm just going to have high emotions. I'm going to be angry and hurt and upset and by trying to deal with it while I'm in such a high state of emotions and this person also probably not being very calm nothing good will come of it. You would both be upset, you'd achieve nothing. The best thing to do is put it from your mind and try to do something to distract yourself and have a good time. Put it from your mind. Take up a hobby.

I have been meaning to take up a new hobby, not sure what though :/ I'm just worried that what if something happens and it's my fault because I didn't listen to her voicemails :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have been meaning to take up a new hobby, not sure what though :/ I'm just worried that what if something happens and it's my fault because I didn't listen to her voicemails :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's self destructive...and seems she wants you to feel the same.

Even if she says something is your fault...it isn't. Like TLG says, she's just poisonous. It's a shame people like that exist, but they do. Like others have said, outright ignore her.

If you see her on campus, outright ignore her, or tell her she's a waste of your time, hence all the ignoring. She must have too much time on her hands to write something that lengthy...

The silent treatment is one of the most effective, if she starts to physically harass you, report it to the campus people. If she keeps it up either they'll get the police involved or threaten to remove her from the uni.

edit: potential trigs removed
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 808
Original post by tasha96
Hello and welcome! :smile: :wavey: Dont have any uni advice (not got that far yet personally!) but just wanted to say hi. :smile: :hugs: I'm tasha. :h: (not that you'd ever have guessed... :ninja: :tongue: )

Big hugs lovely. :hugs: Do what you feel is right for you, but dont worry about dragging anyone down! You aren't. :nah: We're here for you through the ups AND the downs. :yep: :hugs:

Thank you hun, that's really kind!

Just feels like I've been having far more downs than ups recently and I've been useless at helping out anyone else on here :/
Original post by purple-duck
I'm sorry, and I don't want to start any controversy here, but this just seems a bit of a mean, and unnecessary, way to put things :s-smilie: :angry:

Yeah you're right, that was bad of me. I'm probably on edge since i'm traveling a lot in the next few days. Thanks for picking up on it.
Original post by Meaty_man
Yeah you're right, that was bad of me. I'm probably on edge since i'm traveling a lot in the next few days. Thanks for picking up on it.

Sorry :s-smilie: :redface: :console: I know didn't mean anything actual by it.
She's self destructive...and seems she wants you to feel the same.

Even if she says something is your fault...it isn't. Like TLG says, she's just poisonous. It's a shame people like that exist, but they do. Like others have said, outright ignore her.

If you see her on campus, outright ignore her, or tell her she's a waste of your time, hence all the ignoring. She must have too much time on her hands to write something that lengthy...

The silent treatment is one of the most effective, if she starts to physically harass you, report it to the campus people. If she keeps it up either they'll get the police involved or threaten to remove her from the uni.

edit: potential trigs removed

She was my best friend and now I have no-one. I feel like I've made a huge mistake and I don't know what to do :bawling: she hates me now and soon my parents will too when they get the letter. I've never felt more alone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry :s-smilie: :redface: :console: I know didn't mean anything actual by it.

You only mean well, i don't take offense from someone picking up on my slip ups :smile:

She was my best friend and now I have no-one. I feel like I've made a huge mistake and I don't know what to do :bawling: she hates me now and soon my parents will too when they get the letter. I've never felt more alone

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're never truly alone, you have your family, us guys here, and people you're yet to meet :smile: :console: It isn't exactly easy when a best mate does something like this, i've been betrayed, if you can call it that, by someone who i thought was my best mate. I was in disbelief for a while, but you'll get over it, just like i did. I wouldn't exactly say i'm strong willed either.

You may feel rough for a while, stuff like this isn't easy to shake off, but you will get over it, trust me :console:
You only mean well, i don't take offense from someone picking up on my slip ups :smile:

You're never truly alone, you have your family, us guys here, and people you're yet to meet :smile: :console: It isn't exactly easy when a best mate does something like this, i've been betrayed, if you can call it that, by someone who i thought was my best mate. I was in disbelief for a while, but you'll get over it, just like i did. I wouldn't exactly say i'm strong willed either.

You may feel rough for a while, stuff like this isn't easy to shake off, but you will get over it, trust me :console:

But what if she's right, what if it's me who's been the horrible one?? Keep reading her messages back and it's becoming more and more obvious I'm a terrible person and friend :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jft18
Just feels like I've been having far more downs than ups recently and I've been useless at helping out anyone else on here :/

Don't expect people to give advice/whatever if they're not in the right place :redface: :hugs: (or ever, really - so long as they're nice and kind like you :h: :redface:)
If you've been finding things tougher then even more reason to stay :biggrin: :yep: :ninja: Though I'm sorry that you are finding more downs than ups :frown:
Though of course it's up to you ^^ But please don't feel the need to go for any of our sakes - it's always good having another face around - and you're really friendly/even nicer to have around! :h: and also with that though if you find it's not helping you then do what's best for you/if you think you need to leave :redface:

I hope that that made sense...! :s-smilie: :colondollar:

Okey :colondollar: I'm glad you haven't taken offense :redface: :smile: Wouldn't ever mean any to you :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
But what if she's right, what if it's me who's been the horrible one?? Keep reading her messages back and it's becoming more and more obvious I'm a terrible person and friend :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume she doesn't understand your problems, and decided to go the hatred route, as opposed to the understanding route. Hatred comes a lot easier than understanding, it's why this country has so much racial tension, people would rather take the easier option.

I can't think of anyone here that thinks bad of you, and there's a lot of us! Some of us have even met you in person, and the same still applies. That has to stand for something right? :hugs:

Okey :colondollar: I'm glad you haven't taken offense :redface: :smile: Wouldn't ever mean any to you :hugs:

I'm very confident that you wouldn't, you're a good guy, probably more so than you give yourself credit for :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
I am a citizen but it is complicated. My sister lives with my dad now and it is hard for her to try and get into university. That's the problem because once I finish my education I'm going to have to live somewhere else away from everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's even harder because I can't socialize I make awkward situations if I talk to people I go red and shaky. I hardly go out and when I do I hate it. I get very angry sometimes to the extent sometimes I just want to hurt my brother and sister. I feel like an outcast because when I was at high school I had only about one true friend. No offense but England has ruined my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm 17 and I think I suffer from some form of autism or social disorder. I've been meaning to go to the doctor but I'm scared of what diagnosis I may have. When I was 14/15 I use to suffer severe social anxiety and would actually fear going to school just because I didn't want to go to school and be around so many people it made me have sleepless nights and i stayed recluse and became more self centred after a while. Now I'm in suxth form going into my second year and I don't suffer from as much anxiety but my friends believe i may be mildly autistic or have a mild form of Asperger's. My family is a mental health nurse but I'm afraid to tell her. I find social situations very difficult and have difficulty communicating my feelings and expressing them. It's spilled over into my relationship with my gf who just thinks I'm antisocial but I really have tried to talk and make friends but things never kick off. I feel so alone because I have no one to talk to these days since going to sixth form most of my friends have faded away or just only talk to me I. School. I try to start conversations with them but they never go far at all and I feel like people can't be bothered to deal with talking to me because it's awkward. I want to make my new friends but as I said it's awkward and my social anxiety flares up in those situations. Sorry for the long paragraph

EDIT: when these problems started coming I moves house away from a my friends in the country side to a new city and I had extreme difficulty fitting in. I was open and friendly where I lived but all that disappeared when I moved
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Good :smile: Glad you've gotten on well :biggrin: Another good day today?
Though I actually found out today the person organising it had semi-given up because not everyone could make the same dates (which is annoying because she'd taken over from me because I hadn't been the most active organiser, but I still would've booked a place I think/organised it eventually. Possibly getting sorted though by others :redface: (Sorry, ramble...))
Quite a bit :s-smilie: Just not sure how it's going to go this year being off-campus/in a house/with GP and therapy and stuff. And also I think I relied last year on being good at the A-level stuff, whereas the newer Uni-level stuff I'm not sure I know well at all :s-smilie: :dontknow: We'll see.

thanks, yeah today was okay, was tired though so slept for most of the afternoon :tongue: ah that's a pain, hopefully it still gets sorted out though so you have something to look forward to! 2nd year is often a big challenge for people so you aren't alone in being nervous about it! hopefully people you live with are nice and stuff though, am sure you will be okay, hopefully support helps as well!

Latest