The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
hope this wasnt because of the innocent hat conversation! haha

glad youv fixed it though :biggrin:

:angel: No I sorted that out at the time. This was about 3am when I finally finished the hat and tried to tie it off and succeeded in snapping the thread
Just been to the marina to pick out my marina and the facilities are amazing. My dad and grandparents are currently in the process of moving the boat and it should be there this evening. Going to see if I can get there tomorrow to drop things off.

Need a whole shopping list of things now. I think it's probably best to think of it as a very small studio and to work from there.

Your not being judged on the ability to make friends in the department hun.
You said you get on with other people in the school and thats fine! We cant get on with everyone. Your their to teach the kids! On my placement in my last year at uni i got on well with very few of the staff members, but i wasnt there for them.
Youl be ok hun :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was much better yesterday. I burst into rooms greeting everyone and it felt much easier. Being given the chance to teach a whole run of lessons starting from next Wednesday so if I can manage that I'll feel like I'm doing much better than I currently feel like I am.

Worked yesterday with a girl who wouldn't stop crying and by the end of the session she was smiling a little and getting her work done so I'm asking if I can work with her every week. It's not a timetabled session so it should be okay but it just breaks my heart watching somebody struggle so much.
Original post by ScaryScience
thanks hun. how you doing? :hugs:

Spoiler

idk why i've got Monday as some sort of goalpost but hopefully my doc can give me something to nock me out or something
(edited 9 years ago)
Will need music on constantly until Monday. I'm supposed to travel on 2 buses (1hr) and then a train (1hr30) each way to meet my boyfriend tomorrow. How the hell is that going to happen..
Just read dsomething I really. Reallly shouldn't that've read and now in dojn't know what to do :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Just read dsomething I really. Reallly shouldn't that've read and now in dojn't know what to do :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Music. Loud. In ears.
More than halfway done my shift :biggrin: revising on my break, so determined to get at least Bs this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Valvopus
:angel: No I sorted that out at the time. This was about 3am when I finally finished the hat and tried to tie it off and succeeded in snapping the thread

:giggle: glad it wasnt because of that! but massively glad youv fixed it! sounds like a nightmare! :smile:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Just been to the marina to pick out my marina and the facilities are amazing. My dad and grandparents are currently in the process of moving the boat and it should be there this evening. Going to see if I can get there tomorrow to drop things off.

Need a whole shopping list of things now. I think it's probably best to think of it as a very small studio and to work from there.

It was much better yesterday. I burst into rooms greeting everyone and it felt much easier. Being given the chance to teach a whole run of lessons starting from next Wednesday so if I can manage that I'll feel like I'm doing much better than I currently feel like I am.

Worked yesterday with a girl who wouldn't stop crying and by the end of the session she was smiling a little and getting her work done so I'm asking if I can work with her every week. It's not a timetabled session so it should be okay but it just breaks my heart watching somebody struggle so much.

yeyy glad youv sorted the marina out!

Spoiler

glad things are falling into place :smile: and it sounds like you really helped, and your doing the right thing if im honest :biggrin:
56% rise in self-harm by mental health patients in the NHS. Reflection of the lack of doctors or other healthcare professions. The government constantly whines about the lack of U.K doctors with the majority coming from abroad. Maybe if you expanded the spaces in medical schools slightly that will solve the problem. So many A grade candidates are rejected who would otherwise make great doctors purely based on the ridicuous competition!
Original post by furryface12
No need to apologise! Yeah it seems to be moving really fast at the minute, not sure as that's a good thing or not where people are struggling :s-smilie: Sorry you've been struggling again :frown: I know what you mean, although I think I'd actually find it harder IRL- people don't seem so scary when you are just typing on here and can actually think about what to say :colondollar:

Don't know, they just were although they're away this week which is good :smile: Thank you! I did, well the conductor got bored and ended up teaching us some jazz theory/us all playing percussion instruments instead but it was kind of fun :tongue: Although he made us do solos too which was scary :eek:

It is! :eek: Slowed down a bit the last couple days I think :redface: Maybe?
:hugs:
Well I think it's harder to say anything, but more helpful when you do? That's true :colondollar:

That's weird :s-smilie: When're they back? House party round Furryface's? :tongue: :party:
Ah cool :smile: He sounds fun :tongue:
Was it fun though doing solo's? Some funky tenor sax playing going on I hope :holmes: :biggrin:

Original post by Porridge510
Don't worry about it. :smile: I can relate, my heads been all over and I've been juggling things and trying to sort stuff out. So I've been kind of busy. Kind of because most of the busyness is sorting stuff out with my boyfriend or planning things in my head.

Yes he was. :smile: And thank you. :smile:

Yeah, thats understandable. I haven't played ambitions anymore. I have it installed for like the cool furniture bits but thats all. Oh and the fact you can register as self-employed. Lol. :biggrin: I'm online a lot lol. As you can probably see too. :colondollar: I've spent like 90 hours on sims. Haha. :biggrin: Thank you. :biggrin:

I'm so sorry to hear that. :frown: I have an appointment booked for friday with my GP but to be honest, I don't really want to go. I don't want to go back to my MH team because my OCD bothers me a lot about it. Because my care coordinator admitted to me shes been to a dirty person's house before mine or like some day. And that really bothers me. My OCD is terrible so the fact its dirtying my house drives me insane. So I think I'll probably wait until I move out soon and hopefully work something out. Like maybe a schedule with them, so they see me before they go to a dirty persons house. Sorry if I'm being mean. It's just my OCD. I can't stand dirt or bacteria. I hate leaving the house because everytime I do I see something I don't like. Everytime I meet people, I see something I don't like. Like me and my friend were in a huge carpark one of them with many levels he went in a room i didn't like because it was dark and looked dirty and I freaked. He didn't care. But I was freaking out. I'm sorry for this huge ramble about my OCD and I hope you don't think I'm a bad/mean person. :frown:

I hope you feel better really soon. :frown: :hugs:

Has busyness/stuff settled any more now? :smile: Also sorry for not replying to your steam message - I hadn't gone on in a while/only just logged in today :redface:

Good :smile: :woo:

Haha - surely the only reason to get expansions is for new furniture?! :tongue: :biggrin:
Haha :colondollar: 90 hours is nothing :nah: :tongue: :biggrin: You should see samba's football manager :teehee: (and my TF2... :getmecoat:)

Hope the appointment went okay :hugs: Are they not the best with dealing/helping with it then? :/ Oh okay - have you told her that that sort of stuff bothers you?
Not being mean at all :nah: It's not as if you're telling them to not see dirty house peoples - just wanting to go ahead of them :smile:
Don't apologise - not a bad or mean person at all - you're super nice :h: I think if you're finding it affect your life/happenings a lot though then important it's getting fixed/helped with - though you're already doing that/speaking to people so well done :smile: :hugs:

Thanks - feeling a little better now I think - German class (wasn't sure whether to drop or not) went better this week, and found out that this term is just about reading/writing - not about listening/speaking, which I'm not as good at! So that's good :smile: Also stuff with cinema I'm getting more comfortable with it and enjoying it a lot more - so I'm definitely sure I want to be doing that :yep:

Original post by Sabertooth
It seems to be getting worse rather than better so it may be a little while before I can get back on the ice. Part of me keeps saying to just take some ibuprofen and play through the pain but I'm torn on whether that's a good idea or not :colondollar: Otherwise I'm pretty good thanks. :smile:

I've heard of The Wind Rises! Not seen it but my brother is a big fan of anime and has recommended it to me in the past. Might have to take a look.

Is 35mm film the one they use in Inglourious Basterds to kill all the nazis? :biggrin:

Oh :sad: Probably not a great idea if it's long term pain sorta thing/an actual injury. Tbh probably not the best idea to take any painkillers and then do something strenuous :colondollar: :redface:
Glad you're doing well otherwise :smile:

It's really good! I've only watched a couple of that company's anime's (studio ghibli) - but all of them have been superb! This one was really interesting too/it's sorta historical :smile:

Yes :biggrin: Except ours aren't flammable :tongue: :lol: Loved that film - need to watch again :biggrin:
Did some more yesterday, and showing the new X-men in it tonight - is so much fun! Was "making it up" yesterday (checking the film's intact/will play through the projector fine) and was just so cool looking at all these frames of the film.

Original post by ScaryScience
feel terrible :sigh: im really getting well and truly ****ing tired of this.

:jumphug:
will try to be on facebook vaguely if you need to vent/chat :hugs:
Original post by Cinnie
Music. Loud. In ears.

Headphones downstairsbbthough an there/ people there :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Off to have a haircut - hate having hair this long :s-smilie:
Not sure which hairdressers to go to though, and got so much work to do D:
Oh well, will see how this goes...

Big :hugs: furry - could you play something on an instrument/does that ever help distract? Though I know it's difficult to play a wind instrument when teary :s-smilie:
Original post by johnabdul
!

The government is crippling the NHS - lowering the spending while demand and population size is growing is never going to end well. :frown:
:giggle: glad it wasnt because of that! but massively glad youv fixed it! sounds like a nightmare! :smile:

yeyy glad youv sorted the marina out!

Spoiler

glad things are falling into place :smile: and it sounds like you really helped, and your doing the right thing if im honest :biggrin:

ooooh! great idea :biggrin: I'm on a whimsy hunt at the moment. Picking out fairy lights, battery operated candles (I have some lovely candle holders) and getting the origami paper out too :biggrin: I'm so excited!

And I'm going to see a live version of my favourite podcast tonight with my gf and it's going to be fantastic. Wish I'd had chance for a nap but I'll manage.
Original post by Cinnie
The government is crippling the NHS - lowering the spending while demand and population size is growing is never going to end well. :frown:

Yh, especially with the population boom in the elderly population
Original post by Cinnie

Yeah, there's important services being cut up here in northeast scotland and people being told they'll just have to go to Glasgow for treatment instead. But glasgow is already at full capacity for a lot of services :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling horrendously bad. :cry2: I dont know what to do and I want it to stop.

Spoiler

POM POMS !!
Original post by superwolf

Woo - Valvopus, saviour of hats! :tongue:

I did it!

1413642662316.jpg

First the hat. Next the world!!! Or lunch :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
ooooh! great idea :biggrin: I'm on a whimsy hunt at the moment. Picking out fairy lights, battery operated candles (I have some lovely candle holders) and getting the origami paper out too :biggrin: I'm so excited!

And I'm going to see a live version of my favourite podcast tonight with my gf and it's going to be fantastic. Wish I'd had chance for a nap but I'll manage.

we decided mini pom poms were a great way to use up little bits of wool left over :yep:
i think poundland do battery opperated mini candle thingys :smile:

oooh awesome! hope you have a nice time :smile:

POM POMS !!

I did it!

1413642662316.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

pom pom pom diddly om

oohh looks awesome :smile: well done!
:smile:
POM POMS !!

I did it!

1413642662316.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's amazing! Could I perhaps commission you to make me one? I have money's :tongue:

Edit: actually you're probably really busy with uni stuff, I shouldn't have asked :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest