The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by senz72
To be honest, I'm looking to change a lot about myself. I think I really need to cut it down into manageable steps. Trying to find a social anxiety support group in York but there aren't none.

----

P.S do you actually have a bunny phobia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely work on making smaller, more achievable goals, its very easy to aim too high. Aiming high is good, but you need to climb the ladder before you get to the top, if you get what i mean :tongue: we can't just jump straight to the top. It's something i used to do a lot anyways.

When i was doing therapy my therapist helped me to keep focused and set reasonable goals, perhaps you could look for similar help if you feel you need it, never hurts to ask :smile: its much easier when you feel like you're constantly making progress.

Don't underestimate your basic needs, they are often the first things we let slip; food, sleep, hygiene. Im around if you want any support/advice, what little i can give anyways :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf
That sounds like a pretty normal concentration span to me, I wouldn't worry about it. :smile:

Thanks, I just got probably pretty panicky yesterday. I just forget how more likely it is this time for me to pass the exams. (Compared to last times, where I partly was not able at all. So I lost the feeling for what is good and not, although due to the placement I got far less time.)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Nathanielle
Thanks, I just got probably pretty panicky yesterday. I just forget how more likely it is this time for me to pass the exams. (Compared to last times, where I partly was not able at all. So I lost the feeling for what is good and not, although due to the placement I got far less time.)

I bet you'll do great, sounds like you're working really hard for them. :smile:

Original post by Team_McDreamy

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Cantthinkofname
My problems are probably worse then yours but you're too obtuse to realize other peoples emotions and how a stupid comment you posted just doesn't even amount to a big problem like me and others have. I leave everything tomorrow everything my country my family and I won't see them for ages and this happens every year.

I don't care what you have to say but for the future stop being so dramatic and feeling sorry for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

thought this was appropriate
Sounds like you've got a great attitude, and with that you'll go far (especially if you stick with us :wink:).

(: I'm just trying to keep myself in perspective at the moment, I'm writing myself a list of things I MUST do when I'm at uni it says things like....

- shower each day
- drink something each day [no alcohol or fizzy drinks - they make me ill]
- change my underwear and clothes each day
- take care of hygiene stuff [i.e. shower, change clothes, wear deodorant, clean teeth]
- eat something before lectures AT LEAST
- take medication (:
Original post by SweetNothing
These comments made me happy :tongue:

No problem girl, I got ya :wink:
Original post by hellokittymad
(: I'm just trying to keep myself in perspective at the moment, I'm writing myself a list of things I MUST do when I'm at uni it says things like....

- shower each day
- take care of hygiene stuff [i.e. shower, change clothes, wear deodorant, clean teeth]
- take medication (:

:yy: Sounds good. In fact, sounds a lot better than how some students manage. :tongue:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Team_McDreamy

Spoiler

Spoiler

Got work but I can't be bothered :/ so tired (though that's nothing new haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1691
Did this place have a fight without me!? :eek:

Original post by hellokittymad

- shower each day
- take medication (:

Add brush teeth! Get 500ml bottles of water you can refill and drink 4 a day!
:yy: Sounds good. In fact, sounds a lot better than how some students manage. :tongue:

thank you (: I'm just trying to work out what I can do to help myself get through each day in grade school I used stickers on a chart and depending on how many stickers i got depends on what treat i got at the end of the week / month
Original post by samba

Add brush teeth! Get 500ml bottles of water you can refill and drink 4 a day!

clean teeth is what i meant for brushing my teeth :biggrin:
Original post by Odd socks

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Sabertooth
Thanks man. :smile: I'm feeling a bit better about things after a chat with the wonderful Lonely Goatherd. Got another one on friday and trying to stay hopeful about that. Although the position and hence the requirements are higher so I already know I have no chance...but maybe I'll get lucky. :crossedf:

I don't think I've spoken to you directly before, how're you doing?

You can't assume you'll have no chance. The jobs I've ended up getting are the once I never in a million years thought I'd get so. Good luck! :smile:

Na I don't think we have. Yeah I'm ok :smile:. Trying to stop myself getting down about the number of people I know who are either getting married or are in happy long lasting relationships. But other than that I am actually doing pretty well. How you feeling today? :smile:.

Spoiler

Spoiler

struggling, really bad, so many numbers, too many things going through my head, need to calm down, need tto sort out bookshelf for university, need to calm down *hides*
Original post by Cantthinkofname
My problems are probably worse then yours but you're too obtuse to realize other peoples emotions and how a stupid comment you posted just doesn't even amount to a big problem like me and others have. I leave everything tomorrow everything my country my family and I won't see them for ages and this happens every year.

I don't care what you have to say but for the future stop being so dramatic and feeling sorry for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not much else can be said.

You are bang out of order. How do you know your problems are worse? Do you know SweetNothing personally? Do you know what they have been through? NO
So please dont throw accusations out that you have no idea if they are true.

From what i remember you moved to the UK when you were 2 yes? Therefore England is probably more "your country" than any other country in the world.
And i agree with wolfie, you get to see your family in America every year, then yourself lucky! What about those people that will never see their mum or dad again? Or were brought up without parents? Those in care? You have no right to think you are better than anyone else when in ways you have a cushty life.

I suggest you think about what you say on here before you post. We are one society you dont want to upset, and the way your going, your gonna regret it. Youv been lucky you havnt been reported yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Not much else can be said.

You are bang out of order. How do you know your problems are worse? Do you know SweetNothing personally? Do you know what they have been through? NO
So please dont throw accusations out that you have no idea if they are true.

From what i remember you moved to the UK when you were 2 yes? Therefore England is probably more "your country" than any other country in the world.
And i agree with wolfie, you get to see your family in America every year, then yourself lucky! What about those people that will never see their mum or dad again? Or were brought up without parents? Those in care? You have no right to think you are better than anyone else when in ways you have a cushty life.

I suggest you think about what you say on here before you post. We are one society you dont want to upset, and the way your going, your gonna regret it. Youv been lucky you havnt been reported yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:
Original post by tasha96
Achievements for the day:
1) I'm out of bed

2) Errrrm.... :erm:

Yeah. :nothing: What a superstar. :nothing: And I have so much to do today. :sad:

You made it out of bed! That's great! Getting out of bed is akin to saying "I want to be part of the world today, instead of hiding in my burrito of sadness." Don't put pressure on yourself to do lots and lots, just prioritise the one or two things that are most important and get them done. OR make a to do list and rank them in the order of amount of time they'll take and do all the itty bitty bots first because then you can cross them all off like "Hell yeah look how much I'm achieving today!"

You'll get there, I promise ^_^

Latest