Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've wanted to do medicine for a very long time and after recent results i don't know what my best option is, i got a BCCC at AS in chemistry human biology psychology and maths , however after resits if i was able to get an AAA overall at A level , could i still apply for medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you can't get AAA in A2 with AS resits when you couldn't even handle AS individually?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was very close to the next boundary for each exam, i underestimated the first year for AS and didn't work to my full potential but after resits i definitely could bring my grades up ! Without doubt i can achieve AAA at A level if i get my head down which i'm going to do, i was just wondering can i still do medicine if i achieve the AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you believe you can do it, then apply once you have the grades because you need AAA predicted grades minimum and I'm sure no teacher would predict you that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know, that's why i was on about can i apply for medicine based on my A level grades in a years time opposed to applying this year on ABBC predicted grades, like once i have my A level grades can i apply then ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody trololololol)
    Yeah i know, that's why i was on about can i apply for medicine based on my A level grades in a years time opposed to applying this year on ABBC predicted grades, like once i have my A level grades can i apply then ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course you could. If you're applying with A2 no one will care about your AS results. I will say though that it's very risky - if you miss AAA at A2 you're out of medicine and it'll be really difficult to apply with the intention to resit (as medical schools don't like resits) and you've missed out on the opportunity to apply to other courses.

ReputationRep:
    My work experience so far up to this point is also very good ! Do you know of anyone who has got into medicine after bad AS grades but great A level grades overall ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.