Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I totally messed up mt AS exam (BCCD). Think I missed a few marks in two subjects by 1 and 3 and thinking of resitting for two subjects next June along with A2 exam.
    But I don't think I have any chance to get accepted in any uni with current grades. So I plan to apply next year once I have the final A2 grades and take a gap year wjile waiting for the result.
    My question is, when you have the total and final grades next year, does AS grades still matter? For example, in Economics, I missed C by 1 point (currently D) and I want to retake or remark to make it to C (just to make it look good) but aiming to get B at the end of A2 exam.
    So, next year, if I have final grade of B, but AS grade is still D, will it look bad when I apply to uni? Or will they only look at the final grade? Or shall I remark or resit to enhance AS grades?
    Hope I made it clear for you to read... Thanks.

    I think the university will focus on your overall grade rather than just a bad AS one. As long as your meet their entry requirements with your overall results when you apply after gap year you should be accepted.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.