*** NEED URGENT ADVICE ***
So before I start just wanna say this is gonna be long but here it goes...
I will be hopefully going to uni in sept 2015 and have just got my AS results which have been very disappointing..
B - sociology
C - govt & politics
U - economics
My college have told me to continue sociology and govt & politics on to a2, and to pick up another AS as I will not be able to carry on with economics.. This means I will only have 2 alevels and one AS..
However I really want to study politics in uni and most uni entry requirements are ABB,
1. Does anyone think it will be realistic for me to achieve the grades ABB if I retake some AS exams as well as working my ass off?
2. Was also thinking to pick up another a level to do on the side (both as and a2 in one year- something easy like religious studies??) - does this sound like a good idea? Or no? (I understand I will end up having a sh*t load of exams by the end of the year)
3. And if I don't pick up an a level on the side, and just continue with 2 alevels and an AS will I still be able to get in to uni and do a politics course with 2 alevels?
x Turn on thread page Beta
Disappointing AS results! Possible to turn it around at A2?! :( watch
- Thread Starter
- 16-08-2014 04:37
- 18-08-2014 17:03
I feel with a course like politics it will be very unlikely you would get accepted with just two A-Levels, I wouldnt say any A-level was easy and yes if you decided to do one in just a year it would be a lot of work. You could try to resit some economics exams then you arent doing a whole new a level the information is already there you just need to find out what went wrong the first time round, maybe get your paper back? Good luck and I would go with option 1.
- 27-08-2014 04:07
1. It might be possible if you really work your ass off, but getting up a U is hard work. Think on it and ask yourself if you think its possible.
2. I am actually in the same boat. Had to drop maths but i am picking up an entire new alevel. I had to first confirm with my teachers but what you need to concern yourself with the most is whether or not you think you can commit to such a task because believe me, its a tedious task. I started business early since the as syllabus is practically the same as gcse and it was on of my best at gcse. Take that into consideration and then decide because if you take it lightly you won't likely succeed.
3. There are some unis that will take 2 1/2 alevels but remember that there are also unis that will take 2 as subjects in the place of 1 alevel.