Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I didn't fail grade wise, just to get into my firm (really high entry requirements), I ended up at a 'lower' uni through clearing and I plan on giving it a go

Was just wondering, in Islam, is it believed everything happens for a reason? Was this 'meant' to happen?

ReputationRep:
    What? A religious reason??!

Maybe you didn't study hard enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how religion comes into this. You just didn't do well enough at the end of the day. Maybe you should've put down a uni as your insurance that wasn't so "high" or "low" and you wouldn't have had to go through clearing

ReputationRep:
    Islamically speaking God is either :

1. Punishing you for something

OR

2. Testing your faith: Whether you will be thankful for what you've got at least or whether you will lose faith with him completely for not giving you what you wanted.

Or even,

Who knows, this "lower" uni could/would have been better for you. The omnipotent God is the best planner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    What? A religious reason??!

Maybe you didn't study hard enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did all I could

(Original post by Novascope)
    I have no idea how religion comes into this. You just didn't do well enough at the end of the day. Maybe you should've put down a uni as your insurance that wasn't so "high" or "low" and you wouldn't have had to go through clearing
    true

(Original post by TheKingOfTSR)
    Islamically speaking God is either :

1. Punishing you for something

OR

2. Testing your faith: Whether you will be thankful for what you've got at least or whether you will lose faith with him completely for not giving you what you wanted.

Or even,

Who knows, this "lower" uni could/would have been better for you. The omnipotent God is the best planner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really hope so, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Everything is destined. But you still have to strive and work hard. At times you can work as hard as you can but if it wasn't destined it won't happen. Everything happens for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muj121)
    Everything is destined. But you still have to strive and work hard. At times you can work as hard as you can but if it wasn't destined it won't happen. Everything happens for a reason.
    my grades weren't bad by any means, and I did work hard, maybe it just wasn't meant to be

ReputationRep:
    Could be.. life's a test. Exams are a really menial part of that test, regardless. Do you really value God enough to say thank god you at least got into university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Could be.. life's a test. Exams are a really menial part of that test, regardless. Do you really value God enough to say thank god you at least got into university.

I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotsaucee)
    I do
    Well then... & congratulations on getting into university. :cool:

Doing Muslims everywhere proud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotsaucee)
    I didn't fail grade wise, just to get into my firm (really high entry requirements), I ended up at a 'lower' uni through clearing and I plan on giving it a go

Was just wondering, in Islam, is it believed everything happens for a reason? Was this 'meant' to happen?
    Have a read of this:

If you don't believe in your own ability to accomplish your goals, believe in Allah's ability to help you. And even if you believe in your own ability, don't forget that everything is in Allah's will. So at the office at the moment there are currently some college students doing internships and they mentioned to me that they are getting their A-Level results tomorrow. I thought back to the day I received my results and I found out what university I would go to. Not many of my friends even know this story but I was lined up to go to LSE for university. I had the offer but I was just waiting to find out if my grades were enough. My parents had put so so so much pressure on me to go to LSE. The day my results came out, I didn't get the grades. I felt so disheartened and disappointed in myself. And I think I lost a lot of my confidence in myself. But you know where I ended up going? I ended up going to Queen Mary University of London where a large portion of the university is Muslim. Alhamdulillah, in going to uni there, I met my first Muslim friends and subhan'Allah.. I became a Muslim! Although I didn't get to go to my first choice, I got more from going to Queen Mary than I ever could if I actually got the grades to go to LSE. Who knows, I may not have become a Muslim if I went to LSE. If I didn't become a Muslim, do you know how lost I would be right now? I was a lost soul who was very often unhappy. And alhamdulillah, look at the direction Islam has given me ☺️ Allah truly is the best of planners. Don't forget that if something is for you, it will never ever miss you. And if something isn't for you, it won't be yours. On that note, I pray Allah gives you all the best grades possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student296)
    Have a read of this:

If you don't believe in your own ability to accomplish your goals, believe in Allah's ability to help you. And even if you believe in your own ability, don't forget that everything is in Allah's will. So at the office at the moment there are currently some college students doing internships and they mentioned to me that they are getting their A-Level results tomorrow. I thought back to the day I received my results and I found out what university I would go to. Not many of my friends even know this story but I was lined up to go to LSE for university. I had the offer but I was just waiting to find out if my grades were enough. My parents had put so so so much pressure on me to go to LSE. The day my results came out, I didn't get the grades. I felt so disheartened and disappointed in myself. And I think I lost a lot of my confidence in myself. But you know where I ended up going? I ended up going to Queen Mary University of London where a large portion of the university is Muslim. Alhamdulillah, in going to uni there, I met my first Muslim friends and subhan'Allah.. I became a Muslim! Although I didn't get to go to my first choice, I got more from going to Queen Mary than I ever could if I actually got the grades to go to LSE. Who knows, I may not have become a Muslim if I went to LSE. If I didn't become a Muslim, do you know how lost I would be right now? I was a lost soul who was very often unhappy. And alhamdulillah, look at the direction Islam has given me ☺️ Allah truly is the best of planners. Don't forget that if something is for you, it will never ever miss you. And if something isn't for you, it won't be yours. On that note, I pray Allah gives you all the best grades possible.
    Thank you so much! This really cheered me up, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you spent too much time kissing the ground and not enough time studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student296)
    Have a read of this:

If you don't believe in your own ability to accomplish your goals, believe in Allah's ability to help you.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case
    And what of Elisabeth Fritzl? Was Allah helping her for 24 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)
    Maybe you spent too much time kissing the ground and not enough time studying?

Or maybe I didn't spend enough

ReputationRep:
    :lol: no

You just didn't work hard enough, didn't get enough marks in your exams and therefore didn't get the grades you needed for your firm choice. This happens to a lot of people and simply, if you work hard enough you'll get what you deserve.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.