Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First job working at Asda and I've only been working for a few days and would like to quit

ReputationRep:
    Ask your manager. I expect you have like 2 weeks after that.

ReputationRep:
    Think carefully, perhaps for a few days, before you do. Early stages of a job are difficult. If you still wish to leave then hand in a letter of resignation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Think carefully, perhaps for a few days, before you do. Early stages of a job are difficult. If you still wish to leave then hand in a letter of resignation.
    Going to give it a month.
    WHta do i write on it?
    "i quit"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamSlim)
    Going to give it a month.
    WHta do i write on it?
    "i quit"?
    A little more formal than that. I would suggest including your last day at work as you presumably have to give a week's notice. Your reasons for going are best expressed elsewhere, assuming this is not a precursor to a legal case.

ReputationRep:
    Break into song about how much of a work shy lay about that you are.

ReputationRep:
    First job working at Asda and I've only been working for a few days and would like to quit
    What makes you want to quit so soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    What makes you want to quit so soon?
    Poor results, would rather focus on school

ReputationRep:
    Go to your manager and hand him a letter of resignation and say why you're leaving etc..

ReputationRep:
    Poor results, would rather focus on school
    Ah, fair enough, sorry about that. Perhaps you could explain the situation & they may be willing to bump your hours down to one or two days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    You say poor results but you only started a few days ago?

I have 2 jobs with university and still manage to get at least good results. If anything, having a job to distract me for a little rather than be always trying to understand the work has helped me to get grips of it, as i'm not forcing the info in all day long.

results are generally down to how much effort you've put into revising and everything, unless your doing 40 hours a week at your job, I'd say stick the job out

ReputationRep:
    DONT QUIT NOW! Wait until a few more months, because future employees will look at your past history and ask why did you only work a few days at asda? they'll see it as you being lazy and unwilling to work hard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yux)
    DONT QUIT NOW! Wait until a few more months, because future employees will look at your past history and ask why did you only work a few days at asda? they'll see it as you being lazy and unwilling to work hard...

Yeah.. no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMuhammed)
    Yeah.. no
    What he said is actually true though...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.