The Student Room Group

Remarks for 2014.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BWCW
Oh bloody hell, it feels a lot longer than 13 days. :frown: Going to be a long wait then! And my exams officer is on holiday at the moment, so that's a fat lot of good. :rolleyes:

I know it feels like it has been months! Thats unfortunate that your exams officer isn't in since your results may be back but she might not have checked her email - but still the standard remarks tend to take a lot longer I guess despite only being a few pounds cheaper!
Has anyone had any OCR remark results back yet?
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
Has anyone had any OCR remark results back yet?

Nope, even though my university place deadline is this Sunday :frown: biggest waste of money is to go for a "priority remark" at OCR. Completely ridiculous.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by dandelionxo
Nope, even though my university place deadline is this Sunday :frown: biggest waste of money is to go for a "priority remark" at OCR. Completely ridiculous.

Grrr, I wish they'd hurry up! Maybe your exam officer is on holiday? I really hope they'd hurry up for both of us or even better, get their marking right first time!
Grrr, I wish they'd hurry up! Maybe your exam officer is on holiday? I really hope they'd hurry up for both of us or even better, get their marking right first time!

Exactly. There shouldn't be a need to remark, that's why i'm writing a letter to Ofqual

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Exactly. There shouldn't be a need to remark, that's why i'm writing a letter to Ofqual

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, wasting your time

No one cares
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Lol, wasting your time

No one cares

Makes me feel better :wink:
I can't decide whether it would be worth sending for a remark for my History exam or not. I am two UMS away from an A, which I think is equivalent to about one raw mark. I am aware though that there has to be a cut off point for grades somewhere, and that it may well go down rather than up. Half of me thinks it would be just as well to put the money on a horse (and stand a chance of actually getting something back :tongue:). On the other hand, it is only a mark... it's an impossible decision.

Good luck to everyone waiting on a remark. :smile:
Does anyone know what an appeal actually does? Can your mark go up? I got my remark back and I'm 1 ums off an A.. I was wondering whether it's worth an appeal, or whether I should get the paper remarked again?

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RainReader
I can't decide whether it would be worth sending for a remark for my History exam or not. I am two UMS away from an A, which I think is equivalent to about one raw mark. I am aware though that there has to be a cut off point for grades somewhere, and that it may well go down rather than up. Half of me thinks it would be just as well to put the money on a horse (and stand a chance of actually getting something back :tongue:). On the other hand, it is only a mark... it's an impossible decision.

Good luck to everyone waiting on a remark. :smile:

Original post by Renascence
Does anyone know what an appeal actually does? Can your mark go up? I got my remark back and I'm 1 ums off an A.. I was wondering whether it's worth an appeal, or whether I should get the paper remarked again?

If you're both 1 UMS off of an A overall you should definitely remark as it's unlikely (almost impossible) that one paper will take you down to a C overall.
Original post by Mutleybm1996

Posted from TSR Mobile

You still haven't heard anything yet.? That's awful, I really feel for you. OCR are a disgrace. Will you uni hold on to your place until the result comes in or are they sticking to today as the deadline?
Original post by Renascence

You can only get it remarked once. It should have been remarked by a senior examiner who is very familiar with the subject, the specification and requirements of the mark scheme.

You should only appeal if you doubt the remark process has been conducted properly.
The process is described here
http://www.jcq.org.uk/Download/exams-office/appeals/jcq-appeals-booklet

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 92
Does anyone know about how long it takes to get AQA AS level papers remarked after you've sent a request for one?
Reply 93
I'm getting OCR AS physics remarked (3 marks from an A) and OCR MEI s1 remarked (again 3 marks away)
I haven't heard from them so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You still haven't heard anything yet.? That's awful, I really feel for you. OCR are a disgrace. Will you uni hold on to your place until the result comes in or are they sticking to today as the deadline?

he is in AS

And it's a normal remark

So it's fine
Original post by DMBP
Does anyone know about how long it takes to get AQA AS level papers remarked after you've sent a request for one?

It can be fairly variable, depending on the subject and when you ask. 3-20 days in my experience. (But that's from the exams officer requesting it. He may well have been on holiday for a few days so there may be a delay before the request goes in.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 96
I've been getting Cs in my mocks for AQA economic unit 3 and 4,without much revision.
But this time,i got 2 Us in the actual exams. My overall ums is 208.
Is it worth me getting a remark because I'm just on a D,i was going to retake them both next year anyway but i really feel like i've done better than a U... and i'm worried that they've lost my additional booklet because i wrote loads on there.

many thanks
Original post by Compost
It can be fairly variable, depending on the subject and when you ask. 3-20 days in my experience. (But that's from the exams officer requesting it. He may well have been on holiday for a few days so there may be a delay before the request goes in.)

Still haven't got my CIE A Level Physics re-mark which I put in on 14th. They wouldn't allow me a priority re-mark cause I'm an international and not a UK student. I genuinely believe I got an A in Physics and have good reason to believe so. I can't believe I'm about to lose my Imperial offer because of this BS.
Reply 98
Original post by Compost

Ok thanks, that is really varied!!
Original post by gdunne42
You can only get it remarked once. It should have been remarked by a senior examiner who is very familiar with the subject, the specification and requirements of the mark scheme.

You should only appeal if you doubt the remark process has been conducted properly.
The process is described here
http://www.jcq.org.uk/Download/exams-office/appeals/jcq-appeals-booklet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah now I'm in a massive dilemma. I have no basis upon which I can launch an appeal, but I'm also unwilling to accept that I'm 1 ums away from an A.. could be the difference between an offer and no offer. What could I possibly do next? A clerical check perhaps?

Quick Reply

Latest