The Student Room Group

Self studied and passed alevels in a year, are these good results?

Hi guys,

Like everyone else,I've recently received my alevel results too and scored B for AS Bio and Math and C for A2 ,which makes my overall grade to be C. Have done a good job? I've studied on my own for these two subjects and did my alevels in one year. Is this a good result? What should I do now? Should I be happy or sad,I don't know.

Help me guys and thanks loads :smile:
Reply 1
Do you feel like you've achieved your maximum potential? Will it get you where you want to be?

If so, it's good enough. If not then you're going to have to step it up a notch.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lassy96
Hi guys,

Like everyone else,I've recently received my alevel results too and scored B for AS Bio and Math and C for A2 ,which makes my overall grade to be C. Have done a good job? I've studied on my own for these two subjects and did my alevels in one year. Is this a good result? What should I do now? Should I be happy or sad,I don't know.

Help me guys and thanks loads :smile:

why did you self study? i think you've done amazing
Reply 3
Original post by Exon
Do you feel like you've achieved your maximum potential? Will it get you where you want to be?

If so, it's good enough. If not then you're going to have to step it up a notch.

I know I can do better if I get another shot,maybe even A. Although don't really need grades,unless I wanna study in UK. I am from US.
Should I retake or even take another subject to compete alevels?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!
why did you self study? i think you've done amazing

Cos I am in the States,and no school or teacher is familiar with the ALevel syllabus. Really? Thanks loads,means a lot,really :smile:
Reply 5
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116

You might want to ask that question in the international study forum. I was under the impression that you didn't need A-levels if you are from the US and want to study in the UK (with things like SAT and AP classes being converted) but I don't actually know.

What I do know is that if you DO need A-levels, you will have a hard time getting into university with just 2.

Quick Reply

Latest