Hi all, i'll try and be brief with this.
My first choice uni, manchester met, still haven't given me a decision on my conditional offer. Their offer was BBB and i got CCD, so i do understand why it's taking longer than most. However, my insurance choice, Nottingham Trent have given me an unconditional offer and i'm perfectly happy to go there next month.
My issue is i've spoken to frankly, very unhelpful people on the manchester confirmation helpline at least 10 times since thursday and they're still saying i could be waiting til next week for a response.
I know i didn't get the grades but how are they allowed to do this? they've had my results since the weekend and should've made a decision by now!!
My other issue is, the D i got is only 4 UMS away from being a C and the advise i was given yesterday evening (so havent had a chance to do anything yet) told me i should ring up and tell manchester this. Part of me wants to ring manchester up and tell them to decline me because i'm so fed up with them at this point i don't even know if i wanna go there next year now.
has anyone got any advice? i really don't know what to do and am so shocked at how manchester are allowed to do this to me
x Turn on thread page Beta
1st choice uni STILL hasnt made a decision watch
- Thread Starter
- 16-08-2014 09:52
- 16-08-2014 09:59
There can be mistakes, of course, but I feel that if you're having so much trouble now, it might not be the place for you. My logic is that I have to stay there for 3 years of my life - I don't want to stay somewhere where I feel I have no help or like I'm not made to feel welcome, so on my terms I would've declined Manchester Met.
Of course, it's up to you. If you like the course at Manchester better then you should really consider going, because at the end of the day that's what you're going to get a degree in. But, if you like both courses, I would go with the Uni you feel more comfortable with and more welcome, because you don't want to spend 3 years of your life being unhappy.