The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
In that way i'm lucky that my perfect Uni is literally a 40mile round trip from home, 50 at the most.i will be leaving all my packing until the thursday and friday before. I've made lots of lists but i doubt any of them will be used. As long as i have pictures of my family, pictures of my mates and my MP3 player i'll be fine. Everyone is in the same boat at the end of the day, most of us will be leaving home for the first time and being totally independant for the first time, so it's a huuuuge thing. Just hope everyone enjoys it, and makes the most of their 3 years.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 41
I'm looking forward to it even more since I found out yesterday one of my college friends will be at Leeds Uni.
Reply 42
for anyone whos been on the tour???

does anyone remeber looking at the bed? was it right down to the floor or was it open underneath, to like put things. i want to take my sit up bench but thats the only place i could think of storing it (to collect dust). :smile: :confused:
Reply 43
jayjas
for anyone whos been on the tour???

does anyone remeber looking at the bed? was it right down to the floor or was it open underneath, to like put things. i want to take my sit up bench but thats the only place i could think of storing it (to collect dust). :smile: :confused:

It has draws underneath if i remember rightly
Reply 44
well hsbc have been right on time with my MP4 player as it arrived today :biggrin: i'm moving into Firth Point tomorrow :eek: it's not really settled into my head yet that i'm actually leaving home, lol

oh well, bring on tomorrow :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 45
wow, pete! u must be really excited now man! :biggrin:
i was in huddersfield the other day and i couldnt belive how close firth point and aspley are to the university. its like walk out of the door and there you are. lol it must take literally 5 seconds! good luck anyway mate. hope you enjoy your time there and us strothes lot will see yaz soon!
Reply 46
thanks :biggrin: yeah, i was surprised at how close it was too, it's literally across the road from the uni.

btw, when i went for my haircut yesterday, i told the hairdresser that i was moving to Hudds, and she was like "bloody hell, well you don't want to go out at night as you'll probably get stabbed" :eek: yeah, that didn't help things, lol
Reply 47
pete, your from scarbrough mate! that kinda **** happens day in day out doesnt it :p:
Reply 48
nah, not really, the odd murder here and there, but it doesn't happen all the time.
Reply 49
pete42
nah, not really, the odd murder here and there, but it doesn't happen all the time.

I didnt see much violence when I went out. Mainly just when all the older generation are out on weekends.

The beds do have a big draw underneath for storage
Reply 50
everythings packed and in the car now, and that was a mission in itself ;laugh; so i'm all ready for tomorrow now, gotta get up at 6am so i can get there for 9:30-10ish :s:
Reply 51
Every time I come on this forum I get a few butterflies so yeh, I'm getting excited. Bricking it too, mind.
I'm sure we'll all be fine.. hopefully!!
Few weeks from now I bet we think what were we worrying about!
Reply 53
My mum has just finished packing most of my stuff because she's going on holiday tomorrow, WEEK LONG PARTY! :biggrin:
Reply 54
Now its starting to hit me that I wont be sat here next week :confused:

Time to start seeing what clothing I can hoy in the bergen now before I hit Metro Center on Monday.

Going to be bloody weird saying "catch yas dafter" to everyone :confused:
Reply 55
hey guys, i moved in yesterday, got there at 9:30am and my family didn't go until 1:50pm, lol. There's not much to do round here, and i've resorted to cleaning up :eek: done the hoovering, cleaned the kitchen, polished my room, what's happening to me!! haha. so yeah, all is well so far, and the weather is keeping nice which is good.

i hope some people start turning up soon
Reply 56
I'm more excited now that I've packed up half my stuff and have organised a meal out with my family on Thursday and a meal out on Friday with my friends. Plus my two best friends are plotting a surprise for me [they've told me they have], so I'm looking forward to seeing what it is. I bet they make me cry with it too. Finished work yesterday, so now I've got the rest of the week to bum around for a bit!
Reply 57
I'm excited, but nervous as well. Suppose everyone is!

I imagine I'll have a meal with my family at some point before I leave, and I'm going to try and get my mates to go to a pizza place near us which I've been trying to get us to go to for ages, and then go to pub after maybe!

Not long left now!
Tzara
I'm excited, but nervous as well. Suppose everyone is!

I imagine I'll have a meal with my family at some point before I leave, and I'm going to try and get my mates to go to a pizza place near us which I've been trying to get us to go to for ages, and then go to pub after maybe!

Not long left now!

Hey,

I move into storthes hall tomorrow so I went out for a meal with my parents and my brother this evening.

Im nurveos and excieted. I packed up but it seems like I am taking loads of stuff with me.

Adam
Reply 59
I've not packed yet but I can imagine it'd be loads. I have this feeling I'll arrive with loads more stuff than everyone else and I'll look a bit of a fool or something, but I'm sure everyone else will have the same!

Latest

Trending

Trending