Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I was home schooled for IGCSEs only which worked well, then went to a school to do my a levels but after my AS year it worked out terribly and I'm leaving.*
    Anyway my option was getting into a foundation course but it doesn't qualify me to go great universities- only to the uni I'd be taking it at which doesn't have any of the Ba courses I want for afterwards. I'm thinking private tuition for a2, or an intensive a level course where they might allow me to join them for the a2 semester.. any other option? I contacted normal sixth forms to join their a2 but it didn't work with any of them.
    Thanks for reading

    *(Everyone literally sat on the other side of the room/hall all year, gave me dirty looks and laughed when i spoke. The teachers were unprofessional and always absent. It was mortifying and I swore to God I'd never step foot back there after the year.)
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.