Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I continue my Chemistry and Physics A-levels? watch

    • Thread Starter

    I got a D in both Chemistry and Physics, my chemistry teacher told us during the college year that C is required for a full guarantee next year study (A2), and D will not guarantee your place. My Physics teacher said D is what is required for physics A2 level.

    I got an B (close to an A) in AS Maths and distinction in BTEC Science, so I need a B or A in chemistry or physics to go study at university.

    My question is, what if I do not get a place at chemistry A2 level? Will other colleges accept a D grade AS-level to continue? I am planning to retake some AS chemistry exams to try get at least a B.
    • Study Helper

    Study Helper
    We won't be able to help you here I'm afraid. You'll need to get in touch with your school to find out exactly what situation they consider you to be in, so you have all the information possible to make a decision about your next move
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.