Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what do you call emotional guys

that all their strength is take by their emotions. They act like women in a relationship and the woman has to take a lead as a man.

ReputationRep:
    You call them guys. Just because they have emotions doesn't make them any less of a guy. I act like more of a guy in my relationship simply because that's the way we are. Gender stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. Not all of them are true. Would you call a non-smart Asian any less of an Asian just because they don't conform to the stereotype?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woah, male humans with emotions. Sound the alarm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sofia D)

that all their strength is take by their emotions. They act like women in a relationship and the woman has to take a lead as a man.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmertic)
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.
    well there is.

A man is suppose to protect their woman. Stand strong and tall for their woman not the other way round.:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    well there is.

A man is suppose to protect their woman. Stand strong and tall for their woman not the other way round.:unimpressed:
    why? Surely it 'should' be a relationship where they both support and protect each other instead of one gender being dominant over the other. Get in the 21st century.

ReputationRep:
    well there is.

A man who is an emotional being can still be that way.

Relationships are meant to go both ways... if a woman won't comfort and support a man in his time of need, but he will for her. Then she doesn't deserve him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbo007)
    why? Surely it 'should' be a relationship where they both support and protect each other instead of one gender being dominant over the other. Get in the 21st century.
    ^
    This guy! :beer:

ReputationRep:
    When my boyfriend is emotional I comfort him. When I am emotional he comforts me. Just because he knows how to express his feelings doesn't make him any less of a man. We look after and care for each other because that's what you do in a relationship (at least in the kind of relationship that I want).

ReputationRep:
    i do get that u all got points

But you guys don't get it. i had a guy he had was very emotional he got angry with a small thing most of the time i had fight for his own issues. He was so obsessed with his work and most of the days he would forget about me. He would come back crying if he does not get what he wants. And damn he talks to me.

ReputationRep:
    i do get that u all got points

But you guys don't get it. i had a guy he had was very emotional he got angry with a small thing most of the time i had fight for his own issues. He was so obsessed with his work and most of the days he would forget about me. He would come back crying if he does not get what he wants. And damn he talks to me.
    A man who is obsessed with his work and not his woman has got his priorities completely correct.

ReputationRep:

You call them guys, we are just like everyone else, just because we actually show our emotion doesn't make us anymore less of a guy than the guy you'd run into in any pub, if anything we are better bf material as we can actually empathise with certain events and actually listen to people (of course that part is totally subjective)

ReputationRep:
    well there is.

You are coming across as incredibly needy. I suggest you work on yourself before you get into a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I hate anyone that acts like a helpless child when they are an adult. Something goes wrong and they immediately break down and start whimpering like a kid.

Put on your big pants and deal with it, sometimes life is ****, if you need to cry do it there is nothing wrong with being emotional, I just don't want to hear **** like "why" and "it's not fair"

Such actions are tolerated in women in our society (which it shouldn't be) but it disgusts people when men do it (as it should in both men and women) the only people that get to act like that are young children and they shouldn't mollified otherwise they will think it is an acceptable way to behave as an adult.

ReputationRep:
    Human.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubadeeboop)
    I hate anyone that acts like a helpless child when they are an adult. Something goes wrong and they immediately break down and start whimpering like a kid.

Put on your big pants and deal with it, sometimes life is ****, if you need to cry do it there is nothing wrong with being emotional, I just don't want to hear **** like "why" and "it's not fair"

Such actions are tolerated in women in our society (which it shouldn't be) but it disgusts people when men do it (as it should in both men and women) the only people that get to act like that are young children and they shouldn't mollified otherwise they will think it is an acceptable way to behave as an adult.
    thank you i agree with that

ReputationRep:
    well there is.

And a woman is supposed to stay at home, make babies, do housework, cook, not get an education or a job, not talk too much and just look pretty.
    See what happens when we try to enforce gender roles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker12345)
    And a woman is supposed to stay at home, make babies, do housework, cook, not get an education or a job, not talk too much and just look pretty.
    See what happens when we try to enforce gender roles?
    This:adore:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2014
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.