The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Are we discussing height now?
6 foot club :cool:
Original post by blamethenargles

It's like you're not short enough to be properly short but you're still a fair way below average :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry guys been at work all day

Original post by WishfulDesire

Probably going to be bothering you quite a bit then. xD Taking AQA Chemistry and hoping for an A and wanting an A* in Maths too! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's fine :smile: chem is great btw but A2 is significantly harder than AS so prepare for that

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oh wow, that's great haha

Are you at all annoyed at not having it in chem instead? How far off were you?

Nah not at all. Wasn't expecting it in the slightest and I was 17ums off it so no point

Original post by techno836
What happened to medicine :redface: :cry:

well done on your grades by the way :h:

Changed courses ages ago haha and thank you :biggrin:
I'm in the "what's wrong with cm, I can't visualise these feet" club. I'm at about the 180 cm mark, make of that what you will (5'11" apparently).
Original post by NinjaPandaa
It's like you're not short enough to be properly short but you're still a fair way below average :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS! The average in the UK is 5 ft 4"/5" I think... WE ARE THE TALLEST OF THE SHORT CREW. We will rule.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by O133
I'm in the "what's wrong with cm, I can't visualise these feet" club. I'm at about the 180 cm mark, make of that what you will (5'11" apparently).

It's weird how we still measure height in feet and inches despite the fact that we've converted to metric measurements... Old habits die hard I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's weird how we still measure height in feet and inches despite the fact that we've converted to metric measurements... Old habits die hard I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not helped by the fact I've travelled back home from France this morning and had got used to everything being in metric.
YES SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS! The average in the UK is 5 ft 4"/5" I think... WE ARE THE TALLEST OF THE SHORT CREW. We will rule.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always feel like it's an issue with guys too in my head before I go out I'm always like tall boys yeah! but pretty much end up getting with the short ones :frown:

We are the rulers of short girls though booyah!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now I feel strangely tall for a girl at 5'8"...
Original post by Dhibla
I have to resit an econ paper to get my grade upto an A too, dreading it. I also dread the pressure to get grades at A2 to meet a conditional offer so an unconditional offer after a gap year sounds great. I'm not having a problem with which ones I think I have a shot at, rather which subject to take. Some are really competitive like law so my grades might not make it unfortunately, especially not at the Unis I'm looking at. If you are to take a gap year, what do you want to do?

After reading what I replied to this, I actually seem way more organised than I actually am. In reality I have no idea what I am gonna do with my life :pinch:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oh wow, that's great haha

Are you at all annoyed at not having it in chem instead? How far off were you?

I meant your chem grade, you said it needed improving !

It's only a C. Fml!!! :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 5ft 8-9in --> Still think I'm short compared to the average joe :frown:
Reply 252
Original post by JustaDreamer
Exactly five foot :tongue:

Snap!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody else find it weird that we are in the current year 13 threads? It still hasn't sunk in yet I still feel like the norm year 12 student only difference is now with the experiences i.e success/failures of AS levels :redface:
Reply 254
I haven't changed since year seven I don't think. Everyone grew past me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I've grown 2cm... Those 2cm are VERY important for someone like me :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The thought of year 13 makes me sad. Although saying goodbye to Chemistry is perking me up!
Original post by NinjaPandaa
I always feel like it's an issue with guys too in my head before I go out I'm always like tall boys yeah! but pretty much end up getting with the short ones :frown:

We are the rulers of short girls though booyah!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand, I don't like the whole 'having to reach up to kiss tall boys" thing though, that's a pain in the butt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jams97
I think I've grown 2cm... Those 2cm are VERY important for someone like me :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

TWO CENTIMETRES CAN MAKE OR BREAK A PERSON Y'KNOW

Posted from TSR Mobile
Speaking of height, here's me and one of my friends (not cropped or anything)
Original post by Bude8
Speaking of height, here's me and one of my friends (not cropped or anything)

Come on he must be freakishly tall there can't be that much of a big difference if he's a normal height :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest