The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
Speaking of height, here's me and one of my friends (not cropped or anything)

Wow. That height difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WishfulDesire
Oh Jesus this makes me feel old. :L I don't want to think about being old so here have an introduction

I'm Katie, I want to go to University to do my Chemistry Masters with a Year in Industry and I'm looking at either Leicester (probably going to be my firm) or Loughborough. Next year I'll be studying Maths (A at AS), Communication and Culture, (A at AS) and Chemistry (C at AS. :frown: ) I'll also be resitting all my chemistry modules and might be doing my Further Maths AS. I've dropped English Lit (D!!!! Whooo I didn't fail!!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Katie,
I've been looking through TSR to see if there was anyone else who was sitting Communication and Culture this year or had took the subject before- I couldn't find any threads, and there isn't a section dedicated to that subject on TSR. I'm planning on taking this subject in September- actually, not planning got my heart set on it really (I've got to talk it over with Head of the college next week).
I'm curious to know what the subject content is like. I've been looking into the A Level like mad over the past couple of weeks, it was only introduced in 2008 by AQA. I'm very contemporary orientated and I just love the way the modules are assessed, too.
So, conclusively, what would you say the subject was like, in terms of everyday lessons? And did you enjoy it as a humanities/ social science subject? :smile:
Original post by Amy. J S
Hi Katie,
I've been looking through TSR to see if there was anyone else who was sitting Communication and Culture this year or had took the subject before- I couldn't find any threads, and there isn't a section dedicated to that subject on TSR. I'm planning on taking this subject in September- actually, not planning got my heart set on it really (I've got to talk it over with Head of the college next week).
I'm curious to know what the subject content is like. I've been looking into the A Level like mad over the past couple of weeks, it was only introduced in 2008 by AQA. I'm very contemporary orientated and I just love the way the modules are assessed, too.
So, conclusively, what would you say the subject was like, in terms of everyday lessons? And did you enjoy it as a humanities/ social science subject? :smile:

Comunication and culture was introduced before 2008, however that's when the subject was rebranded. The course is absolutely great! I really enjoyed it. 50% of your grade is your coursework so you spend a lot of lessons dedicated to coursework, especially your creative piece. The rest of the theory is taught however your teacher wishes to teach it to you however my teacher chose powerpoints and we could access the presentations ourselves after the lessons. My advice would be to take lots of notes, revise the theories and the theorists as soon as you learn them and remember the key terms. AS has a LOT More theory to get through than A2 but it gets really, really interesting at A2!! Good luck for next year!
Original post by Bude8
Speaking of height, here's me and one of my friends (not cropped or anything)

It probably doesn't help he's giant and you're tiny :tongue:

How tall are you both?
Reply 264
Original post by LeFailFish
Now I feel strangely tall for a girl at 5'8"...

Same! And I feel like in real life I'm not even that tall at 5'7".
5 foot 6 over here, and I haven't grown since Year 8. Though that's surprisingly really tall compared to most of my friends. :tongue:
Original post by drowninginsound
5 foot 6 over here, and I haven't grown since Year 8. Though that's surprisingly really tall compared to most of my friends. :tongue:

I wish I was 5ft 6.... Three inches to go...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It probably doesn't help he's giant and you're tiny :tongue:

How tall are you both?

I'm 6 ft 7 and he's 5 ft 4 :smile:
Original post by drowninginsound

I'm the same height I think :hide:
Original post by Bude8
I'm 6 ft 7 and he's 5 ft 4 :smile:

:lol: you funny

He is bloody huge

:lol: you funny

He is bloody huge

Yes he is :lol: I've been waiting for a growth spurt, but I'm not that bothered any more. I just want bigger hands lol
Original post by blamethenargles
I wish I was 5ft 6.... Three inches to go...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, you never know, you might have a massive growth spurt soon and end up towering over all of us. :biggrin:

Haha, why so ashamed? :tongue:
Original post by Bude8
Yes he is :lol: I've been waiting for a growth spurt, but I'm not that bothered any more. I just want bigger hands lol

Swimming makes you grow

Lol hands are in pocket, 我不看你的 *hands*
Swimming makes you grow

I swim quite often and I'm still five foot three, and my hands are tiny

Posted from TSR Mobile
Swimming makes you grow

你的手 👋 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blamethenargles
I swim quite often and I'm still five foot three, and my hands are tiny

Posted from TSR Mobile

That means you're naturally like 5'2" or less :wink:

Original post by NinjaPandaa
你的手 👋 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aah and are so similar
So sad knowing i'm not in year 13 anymore, i feel old :frown: 😭
That means you're naturally like 5'2" or less :wink:

aah and are so similar

YAY THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY .____.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone recommend some good music to me, I've been listening to the same stuff for months (I'm not picky over genre etc.)
Reply 278
Can't believe I'm in Year13 already! Last year of school:frown:
Original post by Red Fox
Can anyone recommend some good music to me, I've been listening to the same stuff for months (I'm not picky over genre etc.)

Panic! At the disco

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest