The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
Really? I thought Bath was considered reasonably priced :redface:

Well yeah, then again, Cambridge has some of the cheapest accommodation in colleges since the terms are so short..

But if you apply to be a student ambassador at Bath, showing kids around the uni, doing outreach activities etc, I heard you get paid like >£8 per hour, which is pretty damn good :biggrin:

And if you're doing an engineering degree, I don't think it'll take you long to pay back your debts :lol:

Did you apply for a placement year too?

It's not too bad but wouldn't get a bursary from them so I'd probably have to get a shared bathroom(I really want an en suite) or something to save money.

That does sound like good pay but I imagine work isn't that much of a regular thing for a student ambassador. I did apply for a placement year, what about you?
Original post by Red Fox
It's not too bad but wouldn't get a bursary from them so I'd probably have to get a shared bathroom(I really want an en suite) or something to save money.

That does sound like good pay but I imagine work isn't that much of a regular thing for a student ambassador. I did apply for a placement year, what about you?

Yup, placement year :woo:
Original post by Bude8
Yup, placement year :woo:

5 years to graduate just sounds like an eternity though
Original post by Bude8
I'll find some to post later then. Have you been watching more anime? Parasyte is soooo good :lol:

Have you caught up yet? :teeth: Episode 7 came out yesterday. :colone:
is anyone doing AQA A2 accounting? please message me. thanks :smile:
Original post by Red Fox
5 years to graduate just sounds like an eternity though

5 years of pure FUN m8

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Have you caught up yet? :teeth: Episode 7 came out yesterday. :colone:

Of course!

Spoiler

Original post by Bude8
5 years of pure FUN m8

Of course!

Spoiler

Hmmm I don't think I'd find a year in industry fun, I guess I'm just doing it to increase career prospects.
(edited 9 years ago)
3/5 uni offers
and happy at college
life is looking good at the moment!
how is everyone
Got an offer from one uni and invitation for interview for another! :smile: (Applied for Optometry)
good luck to you in the interview! im sure everything will go perfectly
Anyone been to an 'offer holder' day yet? I'm hoping Bath will do one for Chem Eng :moon:
Original post by lizziecr
good luck to you in the interview! im sure everything will go perfectly

Thank you :biggrin: What have you applied for?
Offer from Bath and Surrey now, turned down York's interview (was my backup for Surrey really), so just waiting on Nottingham and Durham!
Original post by Bude8
Anyone been to an 'offer holder' day yet? I'm hoping Bath will do one for Chem Eng :moon:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that Aomine from Kuroko no Basket in your avatar? And Bath's a lovely uni, would have applied there if they did my course :smile:
Original post by JustaDreamer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that Aomine from Kuroko no Basket in your avatar? And Bath's a lovely uni, would have applied there if they did my course :smile:

Yeah, I love KnB :lol:

I loved every bit about Bath when I went :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Yeah, I love KnB :lol:

I loved every bit about Bath when I went :lol:

I'm about just past half way through the second season. Haven't watched much anime apart from Aot, but I think I'm slowly being pulled into the 'black hole'. :biggrin: And aw that's good :smile: I remember when I went there over summer loads of rabbits kept darting out from the bushes, and the lake's quite pretty.
I'm about just past half way through the second season. Haven't watched much anime apart from Aot, but I think I'm slowly being pulled into the 'black hole'. :biggrin: And aw that's good :smile: I remember when I went there over summer loads of rabbits kept darting out from the bushes, and the lake's quite pretty.

YES
LET THE BLACK HOLE CONSUME YOU
DON'T FIGHT BACK

KnB is so good, truly epic man. Love the music too.

AoT and KnB were 2 of the first 3 I watched. Anime is awesome:biggrin:.
Original post by Bude8

I was at one for Bath NatSci literally yesterday, absolutely loved it. Was my first time visiting both the city and the university and it was definitely a good excuse to skip school. :h:
Original post by drowninginsound
I was at one for Bath NatSci literally yesterday, absolutely loved it. Was my first time visiting both the city and the university and it was definitely a good excuse to skip school. :h:

2nd choice after Cambridge?

Loving my guitar btw :lol:

It's going to take me at least a year before I can play Glasgow Kiss up to speed though, I've learnt about half of the notes :lol:

Latest