The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is no way related to any conversation, but out of boredom I'm trying to learn some latin for no reason at all however these conjugations and declensions (whatever that even means) are so hard to remember.

EDIT: and to answer the previous question, quite lame but this...
(edited 9 years ago)
Anybody noticed this as well?

There are 4 months worth of teaching left before exam period arrives to close our A level chapter. :gasp::shock:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

There are 4 months worth of teaching left before exam period arrives to close our A level chapter. :gasp::shock:

Yep, and we haven't even covered a fifth of the syllabus in chemistry :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinasaurus
This is no way related to any conversation, but out of boredom I'm trying to learn some latin for no reason at all however these conjugations and declensions (whatever that even means) are so hard to remember.

EDIT: and to answer the previous question, quite lame but this...

Ahh Latin. Quite fun. For some reason, I found the endings in Latin harder to memorise than the ones in French/Spanish. Tbh, I've forgotten most of them so I'm revising them this Christmas :lol:

Original post by XxKingSniprxX

I've got about 4-5 months left-ish but we've pretty much finished every course :smile:
Original post by Bude8
Ahh Latin. Quite fun. For some reason, I found the endings in Latin harder to memorise than the ones in French/Spanish. Tbh, I've forgotten most of them so I'm revising them this Christmas :lol:

I've got about 4-5 months left-ish but we've pretty much finished every course :smile:

How many exams will you have?
I'm starting to feel nervous...

Goodbye room.

Cambridge are so sneaky with their room layouts. They have all the plugs and stuff on the opposite side of the room to the beds.

Clever indeed...
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm starting to feel nervous...

Goodbye room.

Cambridge are so sneaky with their room layouts. They have all the plugs and stuff on the opposite side of the room to the beds.

Clever indeed...

My room had plugs right next to the bed:tongue:, best of luck for the interview:smile:.
Original post by Red Fox
My room had plugs right next to the bed:tongue:, best of luck for the interview:smile:.

It was way too easy... Like for what it was. Which means they thought I was stupid
Original post by Red Fox
How many exams will you have?

15, 6 of which are essay subjects AND on my first 2 days :lol: then I have like 16 days for 9 exams. But my final exam and penultimate exam have 5 days between them so that's going to be fun fun fun calculus :rofl:
Original post by Bude8
15, 6 of which are essay subjects AND on my first 2 days :lol: then I have like 16 days for 9 exams. But my final exam and penultimate exam have 5 days between them so that's going to be fun fun fun calculus :rofl:

First two days sound great:lol:. I haven't written an essay since my English Lit GCSE exam like a year and a half ago.
Original post by Red Fox
First two days sound great:lol:. I haven't written an essay since my English Lit GCSE exam like a year and a half ago.

Yup, I'm going to party so hard after I finish those first two days, though my hand may be dead :lol: Actually, probably not because I then have Physics 2 days later :emo::lol: Physics isn't too bad though, Maths is definitely the hardest for me by a long shot. I'm just glad my final exam is a calculus paper :lol:
It was way too easy... Like for what it was. Which means they thought I was stupid

Did you get any prep work before the interview? Or was it just the interview?
Original post by Bude8
Yup, I'm going to party so hard after I finish those first two days, though my hand may be dead :lol: Actually, probably not because I then have Physics 2 days later :emo::lol: Physics isn't too bad though, Maths is definitely the hardest for me by a long shot. I'm just glad my final exam is a calculus paper :lol:

Just had a look at my exam timetable. I have an exam then a 21 day wait then the other 11 exams over 19 days FP3 is so isolated:lol:.
Original post by Red Fox
Just had a look at my exam timetable. I have an exam then a 21 day wait then the other 11 exams over 19 days FP3 is so isolated:lol:.

:lol: are you going to be on exam leave by your first exam?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
:lol: are you going to be on exam leave by then?

I hope so, it's quite odd for an A2 exam to be so early in May but I should do well in it seeing as I have nothing else to worry about around that time
Original post by Bude8
Did you get any prep work before the interview? Or was it just the interview?

Just the interviews

I'm not happy in that they were not hard and even then I ****ed up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
I hope so, it's quite odd for an A2 exam to be so early in May but I should do well in it seeing as I have nothing else to worry about around that time

Ah ok, I finish on May 21st... and then I'm free until around late June where I have to come back for final farewells etc. Then Bath in September!

Just the interviews

I'm not happy in that they were not hard and even then I ****ed up

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't wait until mine are over :lol:
Reply 4257
Day off school today yay! We sixth formers occasionally get a day off whereas lower school dont lol. Woke up at 11 and have been procrastinating since...
I think I can go home at 3:30 :woo:
Original post by Bude8
Ah ok, I finish on May 21st... and then I'm free until around late June where I have to come back for final farewells etc. Then Bath in September!

I can't wait until mine are over :lol:

They're so overrated in difficulty ngl

Latest