The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thereisnospoon!
my thinking is i can't be penalised for it as it isn't my fault, it's the schools

Are you applying for any courses with A*AA as the minimum requirement?
Original post by Red Fox

yes, well durham and warwick (maths, so i will be alright when it comes to durham, i got 300 in maths)
Original post by Red Fox

3-Fp2
8-Bio4
9-M2
9-D1
10-F324
15-F325
17-Bio5
22-S2
22-Fp3

Done urs yet?
Original post by Thereisnospoon!
yes, well durham and warwick (maths, so i will be alright when it comes to durham, i got 300 in maths)

You should be fine though, I think they'd go with the actual predicted grades and assume it's just a mistake on the reference.
Original post by keromedic
3-Fp2
8-Bio4
9-M2
9-D1
10-F324
15-F325
17-Bio5
22-S2
22-Fp3

Done urs yet?

Got them saved on a word doc

13/05 MFP3

03/06 MS1B
03/06 MM03
05/06 MPC3
09/06 MPC4
10/06 F324
11/06 G484
12/06 MS2B
15/06 F325
16/06 MFP2
18/06 G485
22/06 MM2B
24/06 MD02
Original post by Red Fox
You should be fine though, I think they'd go with the actual predicted grades and assume it's just a mistake on the reference.

Got them saved on a word doc

13/05 MFP3

03/06 MS1B
03/06 MM03
05/06 MPC3
09/06 MPC4
10/06 F324
11/06 G484
12/06 MS2B
15/06 F325
16/06 MFP2
18/06 G485
22/06 MM2B
24/06 MD02

Not sure what the exam codes are for but are you apply with your timetable?
Not sure what the exam codes are for but are you apply with your timetable?

Yeah I'm quiet happy with it, M3/S1 clash doesn't bother me really.
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah I'm quiet happy with it, M3/S1 clash doesn't bother me really.

Oh okay. I hate maths clashes, personally.

Good luck.
Oh okay. I hate maths clashes, personally.

Good luck.

You too:smile:
Original post by Red Fox
You too:smile:

Am not looking forward to vectors.
Feel my guitar dream may be coming to an end. My hands are way too small to stretch over four frets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Feel my guitar dream may be coming to an end. My hands are way too small to stretch over four frets.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have this problem - I use my thumb to get the bottom string
especially in barchords
it actually works

edit : I totally just realised that you meant up the neck of the guitar rather than across it.
any of you guys played/watched alien isolation? such a great game but makes me **** myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait what, how small are your hands?! Stretch over four frets..? There are stretches that you can do daily to help with flexibility and stuff!

Original post by rachelc142
any of you guys played/watched alien isolation? such a great game but makes me **** myself

I don't get why people do all this scary stuff... Is the thrill worth the scare?
Reply 6133
Hey! Anyone doing Ideologies?
Original post by Bude8

I don't get why people do all this scary stuff... Is the thrill worth the scare?

no I am a hater of horror films, Im terrified of the dark and get nightmares regularly so I stopped watching them about 6 months ago
thriller games aren't too bad because its fun/about stealth etc, i wouldn't play a full on horror like outlast or the evil within

Alien Isolation is just tense af with a few random jumps but it is fun especially with friends. I'd never play it alone!!
Original post by rachelc142
no I am a hater of horror films, Im terrified of the dark and get nightmares regularly so I stopped watching them about 6 months ago
thriller games aren't too bad because its fun/about stealth etc, i wouldn't play a full on horror like outlast or the evil within

Alien Isolation is just tense af with a few random jumps but it is fun especially with friends. I'd never play it alone!!

I've had a few really creepy nightmares recently but thankfully I've completely forgotten them :lol: I wish games there were more games that are harder to play well... I heard Dark Souls is hard but I don't know if that's a 'you get one shotted' hard or 'combat mechanics' hard...
Original post by Bude8
I've had a few really creepy nightmares recently but thankfully I've completely forgotten them :lol: I wish games there were more games that are harder to play well... I heard Dark Souls is hard but I don't know if that's a 'you get one shotted' hard or 'combat mechanics' hard...

Dark Souls is hard like "wtf the code of this game must be {win.state:false/} "
I bought the prepare to die edition in a steam sale and I rage quit about 3 hours in because I was literally getting nowhere
It's like the difficulty of the enemies is completely unchanged throughout the entire game so starting out can be super difficult because you deal a tiny amount of damage, lack the skill to counter/dodge and get killed in one hit
People have said it gets better but I havent got the patience. I prefer a progressive game like TES
Original post by Bude8
Wait what, how small are your hands?! Stretch over four frets..? There are stretches that you can do daily to help with flexibility and stuff!

I'm massively flexible, I just have baby hands. Let me measure from beginning of hand to end of middle finger, and across my four fingers, and palm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay:

Length: 16cm
Palm width (widest point): 7cm
Four Fingers width: 6cm
Thumb to little finger distance (fully extended hand): 18cm
Curled four finger distance: 6.5cm
4 frets on guitar distance: 8.5cm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay:

Length: 16cm
Palm width (widest point): 7cm
Four Fingers width: 6cm
Thumb to little finger distance (fully extended hand): 18cm
Curled four finger distance: 6.5cm
4 frets on guitar distance: 8.5cm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your hands are pretty much the same size as mine... Can you show a picture of you holding the guitar?

Latest