The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
Do you guys ever feel stupid after something clicks and look back to yourself thinking 'how did I not get that...?'

Definitely! I remember at the very beginning of year 12 my physics teacher was trying to teach us how to resolve forces in what has to be the most complicated way possible. After several lessons I went home and looked at it properly and suddenly thought 'oh, it's just trigonometry' and everyone got it after that :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Definitely! I remember at the very beginning of year 12 my physics teacher was trying to teach us how to resolve forces in what has to be the most complicated way possible. After several lessons I went home and looked at it properly and suddenly thought 'oh, it's just trigonometry' and everyone got it after that :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, when everything becomes second nature it's a brilliant feeling :tongue:

I finish my last exam in 4 months and 1 day :cool:
Original post by Bude8
Oh yeah, when everything becomes second nature it's a brilliant feeling :tongue:

I finish my last exam in 4 months and 1 day :cool:

It feels so stupid now though :facepalm:

You finish exams early! :eek: Don't you get results really early too, in July or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
It feels so stupid now though :facepalm:

You finish exams early! :eek: Don't you get results really early too, in July or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

6th July!

Got a decently long holiday even though I start in Sept ish :cool:
Original post by rachelc142
Ahhh I love trig! The only thing I've found a bit tricky in c4 is probs integration

Posted from TSR Mobile

What sort of integration do you do in C4?
Original post by Red Fox
What sort of integration do you do in C4?

Intergration by inspection, substitution, by parts and another one I can't think of (i think) we've only briefly done it in f maths so we could carry on with syllabus, not actually done it with normal maths teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Intergration by inspection, substitution, by parts and another one I can't think of (i think) we've only briefly done it in f maths so we could carry on with syllabus, not actually done it with normal maths teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's in C3 for me, was just wondering because there's no integration at all in C4 for me:tongue:.
Original post by Red Fox
Oh that's in C3 for me, was just wondering because there's no integration at all in C4 for me:tongue:.

Yeah we do the "easy examboard" apparently (edexcel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Do you guys ever feel stupid after something clicks and look back to yourself thinking 'how did I not get that...?'

All. The. Bloody. Time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA is probably easier tbh, we do other exam boards' questions 'as a challenge' but edexcel does seem easier than the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's easy j because of the sheer amount of resources available
Original post by Red Fox
AQA is probably easier tbh, we do other exam boards' questions 'as a challenge' but edexcel does seem easier than the others.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
It's easy j because of the sheer amount of resources available

I find the core maths easy but the further stuff hard. I feel like edexcels markschemes are less forgiving but easier content; does this make me an idiot? probably :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find the core maths easy but the further stuff hard. I feel like edexcels markschemes are less forgiving but easier content; does this make me an idiot? probably :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live for the ecf

Meh, I wouldn't like that. Harder content, is better
I live for the ecf

Meh, I wouldn't like that. Harder content, is better

Haha , and bod
Maths can be super boring sometimes
But contrastingly further maths makes me throw things in rage

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha , and bod
Maths can be super boring sometimes
But contrastingly further maths makes me throw things in rage

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've j found FM really boring so far, like I haven't learnt anything new or exciting
I've j found FM really boring so far, like I haven't learnt anything new or exciting

Go learn planes then, you have the PDFs :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Go learn planes then, you have the PDFs :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They seem boring too now

Just extended vectors :lol:
They seem boring too now

Just extended vectors :lol:

Tensor Calculus then? :rofl:
Found my GCSE exam timetable, that was a fun day :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Found my GCSE exam timetable, that was a fun day :lol:

I know those days, the day which had 2 science exams and then spanish listening reading and the history/french combo were the worst :|

Latest