The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Anybody here going to be watching Fast & Furious 7? :pepsi:

Hell Yeah! :biggrin:
New DMC4 Special Edition trailer, holy **** am I excited!
Original post by O133
Yeah, I hope that too.

But Plaid Cymru really are an awful party, especially if you don't speak Welsh. Thankfully they're down to fourth place in Wales now.

Oh really? What's awful about them? I think they represented themselves really well tonight!

What did everyone else make of the debate?
Original post by cerlohee
Oh really? What's awful about them? I think they represented themselves really well tonight!

Just 7 bull****ters bull****ting :tongue:

I'm glad UKIP seem to have come out worst though... Not that it will stop the kind of people voting for them from doing that though.

As they showed last night, if you're not Welsh you might as well not exist.

Sturgeon seemed to barely mention Scotland outside of her opening and closing speeches, whereas Wood only seemed to talk about Wales. I suppose that's the problem with inviting parties that don't run nationwide to a national debate though.
So I still haven't watched the leaders debate because I was out, but this is what I've heard:
Greens & Plaid - pretty bad
SNP - incredible
Labour - better than usual but still not great
Lib dems - did they even do anything
UKIP - disgustingly racist as expected
Tory - as expected

Fair conclusion? Will give a more in depth reply once ive watched it later

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
So I still haven't watched the leaders debate because I was out, but this is what I've heard:
Greens & Plaid - pretty bad
SNP - incredible
Labour - better than usual but still not great
Lib dems - did they even do anything
UKIP - disgustingly racist as expected
Tory - as expected

Fair conclusion? Will give a more in depth reply once ive watched it later

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you send a link please! It wasnt on itv when I checked
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Can you send a link please! It wasnt on itv when I checked

I'm watchin it on catch up tele bro :-( you got sky? It's on catch up there !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
I'm watchin it on catch up tele bro :-( you got sky? It's on catch up there !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ngl, don't think I do. Haven't watched TV downstairs in like a year

I'll have another look later
Ngl, don't think I do. Haven't watched TV downstairs in like a year

I'll have another look later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc6YH4-IHME derr
I'm pretty certain if I ever came across Nigel Farage I'd F5 him sharpish

Posted from TSR Mobile
3/4 of the way through...

Plaid Cymru - It's just annoying she only cares about Wales, she's not going to win any votes with that

SNP - lol I wish I could vote for them

Labour - I think I'll probably vote labour tbh, I just don't like his voice lol

Green - I didn't think she was toooooo bad, would vote for green but idk about her

UKIP - lmao who even votes for them jesus Christ

Lib Dems- idk, I actually like what they're saying... But They're too good to be true and they won't live up to anything

Labour Vs Green for me (would Lib dem but no hope lol)

Plaid Cymru - It's just annoying she only cares about Wales, she's not going to win any votes with that

Green - I didn't think she was toooooo bad, would vote for green but idk about her

Lib Dems- idk, I actually like what they're saying... But They're too good to be true and they won't live up to anything

I'm labour vs green too. What did you think about conservatives?
I think I like plaid cymru cos Leanna Wood was kicked out of the chamber for calling the Queen "Mrs Windsor" and also arrested for protesting against trident :')
Like I can't ever imagine labour, conservative or libdem leaders doing that :lol:

I think I like plaid cymru cos Leanna Wood was kicked out of the chamber for calling the Queen "Mrs Windsor" and also arrested for protesting against trident :')
Like I can't ever imagine labour, conservative or libdem leaders doing that :lol:
EDIT: also, you can only vote plaid if you're welsh, no? I think she did bring to light that in a lot of ways welsh arent given the same resources as english which isn't really fair.

Original post by Tibbz2
Just 7 bull****ters bull****ting :tongue:

I'm glad UKIP seem to have come out worst though... Not that it will stop the kind of people voting for them from doing that though.

Haha, fair enough. Would you prefer a different type of political system, then? Yeah the kind of people that woul've voted probably would've liked a lot of the things farage said, unfortunately.

Haha I thought it cute how the three male parties were j trying to damage eachother as much as possible :lol: She's made me wanna be scottish so hard. I definitely think England needs a party like the SNP. There's a group of labour/green voters who would much prefer it, I feel.
Yeah that's the problem I have with the Greens. They have great ideas about where britain should be, but seem a lil naive as to how we'll get there! It's a shame tbh.
I thought farage didn't have enough to bring to the table- his only points were immigration and EU which I think the majority of voters disagree with.
Original post by O133
As they showed last night, if you're not Welsh you might as well not exist.

Sturgeon seemed to barely mention Scotland outside of her opening and closing speeches, whereas Wood only seemed to talk about Wales. I suppose that's the problem with inviting parties that don't run nationwide to a national debate though.

I didnt even notice that? She was talking a lot about Scottish politics, perhaps it was that Leanna Wood was giving welsh case studies?

Haha, fair enough. Would you prefer a different type of political system, then? Yeah the kind of people that woul've voted probably would've liked a lot of the things farage said, unfortunately.

I won't lie about it, I'm probably one of the most clueless people on politics and how it all works :lol:

If there was a system where politicians had to follow up on what they said they were going to do, then it would be that one :tongue:
EDIT: also, you can only vote plaid if you're welsh, no? I think she did bring to light that in a lot of ways welsh arent given the same resources as english which isn't really fair.

I just disagree with not taxing the richest more or MNCs, so wouldn't vote for them even though I am in line with them it seems for things...

Haha I just think Plaid need to make themselves more like SNP. Yes we want to help Wales and make it equal and strong but not be seen to completely disregard the fact we are in the UK.

You can vote if there's a rep there I think. Which I doubt. Just like I doubt there is an SNP campaigner here in the Cardiff regions, so unfortunately I can't vote for them :lol:

I just wish Lib Dems hadn't been **** because they're middle ground seems the best plan. Even though it may be too good to be true like I've said.
I'm an avid Green supporter (paying member and all) but Natalie Bennett is...meh.
Original post by Tibbz2
I won't lie about it, I'm probably one of the most clueless people on politics and how it all works :lol:

If there was a system where politicians had to follow up on what they said they were going to do, then it would be that one :tongue:

Politicians may be the most powerful people (fundamentally, practically the fundraisers are), but that doesn't mean they have the power to do everything.
I used to (a couple of years ago) think I would vote Lib Dem since I seemed to agree with most of their policies, if not for their terrible leadership.

Now though, I've shifted quite a bit farther to the left so I would have to reevaluate my position on them.

Latest