The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oreoenthusiast
Ahh, Australia! That's cool :tongue: why Australia? And you're lucky you won't have to write a personal statement!!

I'm an Australian national, so I don't pay international fees (I feel bad for internationals since I object to international fees but hell if I'm not exploiting my privilege :tongue:). There's nothing about the country in particular, it just so happens that I visited the University of Queensland with my grandparents last weekend and really liked it there, from what I saw. My cousins go there and they both really endorse it.

Not that it's a major factor in my decision but my family also lives here while I finish my A Levels in the UK so they'd be super cool with it :tongue:

I haven't actually checked the admissions process a great deal so I may still have to write something like a PS.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oooh, even Latin was better?:tongue:

Hmmmm... I wouldn't want to go to doctors. Though I haven't been down down since summer started :awesome:

Do they work? And how big are pills?

Lol no Latin wasn't better I got three Us, one was Latin, one was F.Maths, one was General Studies. I care about one of those Us :tongue:

I'm hoping I won't go back to the UK and find they don't work and that I'm actually just in a summer good mood; that would be pretty terrible yeah.

It's 10mg of escitalopram so they're quite small; I can swallow them without drinking.
Original post by MangoFreak
Lol no Latin wasn't better I got three Us, one was Latin, one was F.Maths, one was General Studies. I care about one of those Us :tongue:

I'm hoping I won't go back to the UK and find they don't work and that I'm actually just in a summer good mood; that would be pretty terrible yeah.

It's 10mg of escitalopram so they're quite small; I can swallow them without drinking.

F maths overall? Or just FP1?

Hopefully they work :smile:

Ah 10mg is fine, I just can't swallow big tablets lol. And I don't swallow with water
Reply 1203
In the 30 minutes I have written 2 words :rofl:

I have however ordered a new jumper. Procrastination to the max!
F maths overall? Or just FP1?

Hopefully they work :smile:

Ah 10mg is fine, I just can't swallow big tablets lol. And I don't swallow with water

Well there was no GCE FURTHER MATHEMATICS: FUKIN **** GRADE LOSER at the top so I presume that means U overall.

I got a prescription for 28 days plus 5 refills so before I leave the country my mother and I are just visiting several different pharmacies getting the 5 refills :mmm:

Also hehehe you don't swallow :sexface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Well there was no GCE FURTHER MATHEMATICS: FUKIN **** GRADE LOSER at the top so I presume that means U overall.

Wait which modules did you do? If you knew those you'd know your overall wouldn't you hmmmm
Wait which modules did you do? If you knew those you'd know your overall wouldn't you hmmmm

Oh yeah I'm sure I could calculate my total mark. I presume since I got a U in FP1 that the best module would go towards regular Maths to give me the best grade possible there, so I guess my stats and decision modules are in Further, so I think 208 UMS is the answer.
Oh yeah I'm sure I could calculate my total mark. I presume since I got a U in FP1 that the best module would go towards regular Maths to give me the best grade possible there, so I guess my stats and decision modules are in Further, so I think 208 UMS is the answer.

208/300 is a C, nearly a B :tongue:

So not a U :tongue: all is well
how do u get an A* in maths (edexcel) and the sciences (ocr)
Original post by Vashappeninkira
how do u get an A* in maths (edexcel) and the sciences (ocr)

Maths: 180/200 from C3/4 with 480 overall

Sciences: 270/300 in A2 with 480 overall
I'm an Australian national, so I don't pay international fees (I feel bad for internationals since I object to international fees but hell if I'm not exploiting my privilege :tongue:). There's nothing about the country in particular, it just so happens that I visited the University of Queensland with my grandparents last weekend and really liked it there, from what I saw. My cousins go there and they both really endorse it.

Not that it's a major factor in my decision but my family also lives here while I finish my A Levels in the UK so they'd be super cool with it :tongue:

I haven't actually checked the admissions process a great deal so I may still have to write something like a PS.

That sounds so cool! :biggrin: Is Australia quite similar to the UK? Or is it really different?
208/300 is a C, nearly a B :tongue:

So not a U :tongue: all is well

That would actually...make me find you and hug you, but IT'S NOT ON THE SHEET SO HOW CAN IT BEEEEE?

EDIT: Wouldn't I actually require a grade in FP1 to qualify for a Further Maths AS? I'm pretty sure that's the rule.
That would actually...make me find you and hug you, but IT'S NOT ON THE SHEET SO HOW CAN IT BEEEEE?

EDIT: Wouldn't I actually require a grade in FP1 to qualify for a Further Maths AS? I'm pretty sure that's the rule.

Hmmmm

But you got marks in it, unless it was 0 I'm sure they have to lol
Hmmmm

But you got marks in it, unless it was 0 I'm sure they have to lol

The specifications always says you need FP1 plus two applied modules. Maybe if it was an applied module that you got a U in but FP1 seems fairly essential. But I agree they should probably give me it haha but I'm biased :mmm:
Original post by Elm Tree
Not only did I have to go back, I had to return to school literally straight after I finished my last physics exam.
As soon as the exam finished straight to starting schools and lessons :frown:
By the time school was finished we must have been at least halfway through summer.

But net year summer will be better cause we get to leave early again :biggrin:

same! I got one day off after S1 then I had to go straight back into lessons!!! Mine ended on the 18th, it was pretty crap! lol

and yeah true but I'm so scared about A2s and exams :frown: :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
The specifications always says you need FP1 plus two applied modules. Maybe if it was an applied module that you got a U in but FP1 seems fairly essential. But I agree they should probably give me it haha but I'm biased :mmm:

Well that's rude! :rofl: I guess you could now... not declare FP1 and say you sat 2 extra modules :wink:
Original post by nishuchh
same! I got one day off after S1 then I had to go straight back into lessons!!! Mine ended on the 18th, it was pretty crap! lol

and yeah true but I'm so scared about A2s and exams :frown: :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had to complete two exams while my school term had already started up again :lol: Mechanics exam in the morning, back to lessons afterwards.
Well that's rude! :rofl: I guess you could now... not declare FP1 and say you sat 2 extra modules :wink:

Oh you sly devil :wink:

But nah yeah **** this year's OCR FP1 exam. I did extremely well in all the past papers :emo:

I don't see why you wouldn't get the C but you never know:tongue:
hiya hiya im back again and will start to use this thread more.
on my phone i have TSR app but doesnt show any mentions so HELP

Latest