The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ♥Samantha♥
I have the May break without exams too! so my exams are a bit erratic lol. I have a day where I have 3 in one day. My friend has 4 in one day and she gets to go home and do one the next day (which is highly unfair as she can just come on here and find out questions/topics that appeared).

Yikes, 3? The most I have in one day is 2, and that happens 3 times for me I think. Good luck! :tongue:
i have no motivation to do my textiles folders.
Original post by ImagineCats
GUYS I NEED HELP! If something (biology shiz) is in a GCSE textbook, but has no mention of it on the exam spec, do I learn it or am I wasting time?

depends on what it is tbh

Do you have the exam board textbook? I'd learn everything it has; it's possible they would expect students to... even though it's not on the spec

OCR have done this in the past, I heard
Original post by Jitesh
depends on what it is tbh

Do you have the exam board textbook? I'd learn everything it has; it's possible they would expect students to... even though it's not on the spec

OCR have done this in the past, I heard

Ergh it's so annoying they do that! I'm relaxing from revision atm by doing my German speaking and French writing :happy2:
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
That is pointless...

I know but we don't have any lessons and we're going to Thorpe Park which will be good :smile: On one of the evenings we'll have to sit through Prizegiving though :mad:
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I know but we don't have any lessons and we're going to Thorpe Park which will be good :smile: On one of the evenings we'll have to sit through Prizegiving though :mad:

Sounds like fun (the Thorpe Park part, anyway) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really don't know if I should choose Sociology or R.S :confused: Sociology sounds more interesting to me and I think I'll do better in it than R.S. However, I know that Sociology isn't a traditional subject and I don't want it to negatively impact my chances of getting into a good university. Could anyone offer me some advice please?

My other A Level options are English Literature, Psychology, and Politics.
(edited 9 years ago)
I really don't know if I should choose Sociology or R.S :confused: Sociology sounds more interesting to me and I think I'll do better in it than R.S. However, I know that Sociology isn't a traditional subject and I don't want it to negatively impact my chances of getting into a good university. Could anyone offer me some advice please?

By RS do you mean Philosophy and Ethics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like fun (the Thorpe Park part, anyway) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, I'm looking forward to that :biggrin:
By RS do you mean Philosophy and Ethics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, Philosophy and Ethics.
Yep, Philosophy and Ethics.

Considering your other options, I would go for Philosophy and Ethics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Considering your other options, I would go for Philosophy and Ethics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I've been thinking but I have been struggling with R.S GCSE and I've been getting B's and C's. I would need an A in the subject to be able to continue with it at A Level in my school.
That's what I've been thinking but I have been struggling with R.S GCSE and I've been getting B's and C's. I would need an A in the subject to be able to continue with it at A Level in my school.

I see. What are the requirements for sociology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My other A Level options are English Literature, Psychology, and Politics.

Depends what you want to do at uni :smile:
As far as I know philosophy & ethics and sociology are viewed at about the same level, and at the end of the day, if you need to get a B for example in it for you requirement grades and you only get a C then it won't matter whether the uni regards it as a better subject :h:
I see. What are the requirements for sociology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For Sociology, I would need to get an A in English or an A in R.S. But I'm working at an A/A* grade level in English Literature currently so that should be fine.

Original post by Gingerbread101
Depends what you want to do at uni :smile:
As far as I know philosophy & ethics and sociology are viewed at about the same level, and at the end of the day, if you need to get a B for example in it for you requirement grades and you only get a C then it won't matter whether the uni regards it as a better subject :h:

I was actually considering SPS at Cambridge when I heard about it, although realistically my grades would be nowhere near high enough for Cambridge :colondollar:

Oh okay, for some reason I always thought R.S was regarded as being better but they do seem to be fairly similar. Thank you!

I was actually considering SPS at Cambridge when I heard about it, although realistically my grades would be nowhere near high enough for Cambridge :colondollar:

Oh okay, for some reason I always thought R.S was regarded as being better but they do seem to be fairly similar. Thank you!

I wouldn't take my word for it that they're regarded as the same, but if you're better at sociology then I think that's more important than what is regarded higher :smile:

You could still do SPS at another uni that does it? :smile:
Original post by Gingerbread101
I wouldn't take my word for it that they're regarded as the same, but if you're better at sociology then I think that's more important than what is regarded higher :smile:

You could still do SPS at another uni that does it? :smile:

I've never done Sociology before as my school doesn't offer it at GCSE but the A Level course sounds more of interest to me than the R.S A Level course and I personally think I would get a better grade in Sociology :smile: Yeah that's true :smile:
I've never done Sociology before as my school doesn't offer it at GCSE but the A Level course sounds more of interest to me than the R.S A Level course and I personally think I would get a better grade in Sociology :smile: Yeah that's true :smile:

I'd go for sociology :yep:
For Sociology, I would need to get an A in English or an A in R.S. But I'm working at an A/A* grade level in English Literature currently so that should be fine.

In that case, I would go for sociology.
Urgh, have french oral after half term. :mad: And we only had our mock like 2 weeks ago... Whyyy

When/what is everybody's last exam? Mine is latin literature verse on the 18th June... And we have a whole casual week in which to revise for it :confused:. Why can't they spread them out better...