The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SSAA9
Yeah that's a good idea, I definitely need to go over my y10 stuff, do u revise before school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well not as much as I should, I usually use it as a way of catching up on homeworks but as I get closer to the exams I intend to do so, I think I'm gonna revise 7am-10:30pm in the easter holidays cause I haven't really reviewed much yet so got a long way to go
Original post by hannibalwilleat
Anybody else applied for 5 alevels? I'm predicted to get 7a*s and 5as. What about you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup five a-levels - F.Maths,Maths,Bio,Chem,Spanish
9 - a*s
2 - a's
1 - b (but I got a high a* in both dec and march mocks so take that)
Original post by elephants_
Lucky! I have 29 exams :frown:

In the middle with 25
Anyone doing Edexcel ICT unit 3? Please any resources will help
I got my maths mock back today, I actually did quite a bit better than I'd expected. If I work really hard it might just become an A* in June...
I know there will be plenty of you who don't have to, but how do you all revise for maths?? I've probably asked this before, but whatever I revise I can't seem to apply in exam conditions. :confused:
Original post by hannibalwilleat
Anybody else applied for 5 alevels? I'm predicted to get 7a*s and 5as. What about you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied to do 5 a-levels too! I'm planning on doing definitely-Chemistry, Biology, Maths, French then either Physics or Further Maths. I'm predicted 9A*s and 1A. I did my maths GCSE in November and got an A*.
Original post by pursuedbyabear
I got my maths mock back today, I actually did quite a bit better than I'd expected. If I work really hard it might just become an A* in June...
I know there will be plenty of you who don't have to, but how do you all revise for maths?? I've probably asked this before, but whatever I revise I can't seem to apply in exam conditions. :confused:

Well, my maths teacher gives us a paper to do for homework every week and it has definitely helped! Everyone in my class has gone up by at least a grade or two since the start of the year. We also, as a year, get a few - optional - exam questions on different topics each week: the idea is we do one question a day. So basically, my advice is...DO EXAM PAPERS! Over and over until you're sick of them. It may sound sad but I've gotten to the point where I find them quite relaxing - trust me, I'm not the only one who thinks that. Have a look on your exam boards website for past papers, ask your teacher for some if not, we got told about this website called corbettmaths where you get a question a day (try it, if you want) or have a look at bland.in - there are papers set by topic. Just practise over and over and you'll be fine. You can get that A*!
Good luck! :smile:
Original post by jweath
What are everyone's A level choices?

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature :smile:
Original post by alldaydreaming
Well, my maths teacher gives us a paper to do for homework every week and it has definitely helped! Everyone in my class has gone up by at least a grade or two since the start of the year. We also, as a year, get a few - optional - exam questions on different topics each week: the idea is we do one question a day. So basically, my advice is...DO EXAM PAPERS! Over and over until you're sick of them. It may sound sad but I've gotten to the point where I find them quite relaxing - trust me, I'm not the only one who thinks that. Have a look on your exam boards website for past papers, ask your teacher for some if not, we got told about this website called corbettmaths where you get a question a day (try it, if you want) or have a look at bland.in - there are papers set by topic. Just practise over and over and you'll be fine. You can get that A*!
Good luck! :smile:

Thank you! I'll check those sites out :smile:
Hi, im looking for advice. I want to revise the best and most efficient way like really revising a lot; learning at least 3 pages of information a day. Especially with the easter i have which is 2 weeks i want to learn as much as poosible. Anyone have advice they can lend? Thanks
Original post by YsfAli
Hi, im looking for advice. I want to revise the best and most efficient way like really revising a lot; learning at least 3 pages of information a day. Especially with the easter i have which is 2 weeks i want to learn as much as poosible. Anyone have advice they can lend? Thanks

What subjects did you take?
I've lost the motivation to live with all these exams. And reminding me of prom doesnt make me feel better.
Original post by iamthebraincel
What subjects did you take?

Cumpulsory - English lang+lit, maths, biology, chemistry and physics.
Chosen - French, ICT, PE, and History
Original post by iamthebraincel
I have applied to do 5 a-levels too! I'm planning on doing definitely-Chemistry, Biology, Maths, French then either Physics or Further Maths. I'm predicted 9A*s and 1A. I did my maths GCSE in November and got an A*.

How did you get an A* :eek:?? Im just about managed to scrape a C in my mocks.
The most important subjects im focusing on are english language and literature, maths, biology, chemistry, physics. And maybe history which im not great at :s-smilie:
Original post by YsfAli
Cumpulsory - English lang+lit, maths, biology, chemistry and physics.
Chosen - French, ICT, PE, and History

Ooh I can recommend memrise.com for French. If you select your exam board, you can learn the entire vocab specification of your course - it might be too late to finish it all before exams, but what little I learnt definitely helped me. :smile:

EDIT: I use websites like shmoop.com for English literature (making mind maps and profiles from their notes) and Mr Bruff and past papers are what I find useful for language
(edited 9 years ago)
Ooh I can recommend memrise.com for French. If you select your exam board, you can learn the entire vocab specification of your course - it might be too late to finish it all before exams, but what little I learnt definitely helped me. :smile:

Thanks, i know that website but well i 'am half french myself and i have been getting a's and a*s. My focus is science, english and maths.
Original post by bassbabe
How did you get an A* :eek:?? Im just about managed to scrape a C in my mocks.

I just love maths soooo much and I guess I revised loads. Past papers and practise questions.
Original post by YsfAli
Thanks, i know that website but well i 'am half french myself and i have been getting a's and a*s. My focus is science, english and maths.

Yeah I just saw your other post and edited mine. I also make lots of revision cards from my revision guides for science. Making them is almost more helpful than using them later, for me!
Yeah I just saw your other post and edited mine. I also make lots of revision cards from my revision guides for science. Making them is almost more helpful than using them later, for me!

Yes they are helpful, i have been using them recently and its been working out great.

Latest