The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gilo98
so weird to thunk that after easter holidays there's only three weeks till the first exam :frown:

I like to think that there's only a few weeks left until I don't have to do english literature ever again:biggrin: (I've been dreaming of this moment for years). Admittedly I'm going to get a D, you win some, you loose some.
Original post by Gilo98
so weird to thunk that after easter holidays there's only three weeks till the first exam :frown:

Is that really all we have left?? I should probably be doing more revision... :eek:
can someone help me with aqa gcse science as i am doing triple and i need someone to help me revise.

thank you in advance and pm if you can.

would be much appreciated
when do you guys have your igs?
48 days to go...
Original post by pursuedbyabear
48 days to go...

Ergh don't remind me, that's what everyone at schools now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg so you guys have it before me?

please do keep in touch :tongue:

What does it show:confused:?
Original post by Me123456789
How are you supposed to revise for English lit and lang?
im dying!

Mr bruff got me a b in year 10 for the exam. Looking at other peoples essays on tsr-look at old threads or just ask around - let me steal techniques to talk about that basically banked you an A*.near enough all my practice essays by end ofyear 11 had a page about juxtaposition (could be of words or scenery or imagery or anything really),
a page on language used I.e fricative/plosive/ open sounds like ooo and AAA(suggest relief/freedom)
You can ALWAYS find a really deep metaphor. I remember in my lit exam talking about how Lenny and George are described as entering" one by one." I went on to say how this suggested a militant relationship of George as like a leader OR(this word should be used fro alternative interpretations and sophisticated analysis) could be suggesting how together and good their relationship was, I explained this by saying repetition of "one" could be a reference to oneness and hence Zen. As though they are at one :tongue: emphasising how good their relationship is.

Use short quote and analyse one word in depth as well . if you can write a page on one word you pretty much know you've got an A :tongue:

P.e.e.z.a
Point,evidence,explain,zoom on a particular word and hence explain how it.'s effective(I.e by using the word "Zen" the author emphasises an idea of peace. Furthermore the jaggery nature of the z sound suggest instability. This coupled with the peaceful nature of the word creates a bad omen of what is to come as though the peacefulness should be questioned.the author could be here therefore trying to make the reader feel uneasy and slightly perturbed.-this would have been explored in more depth
The A is for alternative interpretations

From that structure you can easily get a page form a quote
Hope this helps. If it means anything I got like 95℅ ums in both exams and I didn't do a whole question in my lit paper as well (basically).

Try uploading at least a practice question a week on tsr for critique and contact people who you know got A*/A on tsr to give quick pointers and advice as well. I found a student who was basically going for full marks and wanted to be a teacher. After like 2 practice Q`s I'm pretty certain I went from a B to an A :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Astrtricks
I like to think that there's only a few weeks left until I don't have to do english literature ever again:biggrin: (I've been dreaming of this moment for years). Admittedly I'm going to get a D, you win some, you loose some.

Ahahah, exact same sentiment toward Geography - cannot stand the bloody subject!
Original post by pursuedbyabear
Is that really all we have left?? I should probably be doing more revision... :eek:

Yep! My first exam is 12th May :eek:
Reply 4771
How do you say "it has been a while since I went to the cinema" in French? I'm working on my control assessment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Me123456789
An inspector calls, Of mice and men, Heroes, with WJEC.
What are you doing?

Pride and Prejudice and Romeo and Juliet with edexcel igcse. :smile:
OK. Urgh. I hate the people in charge round here. They just make this school worse and worse. And they're basically dictators whom everyone (teachers included) hate. They need to leave before I die of anger and frustration. :frown:

Why do they do this to us. More obsessed with the school's reputation then what the students want. :frown:

I want to get terrible grades just to rub it in that their methods are ridiculous and stupid and DO NOT WORK!

*rant over*
Who else really can't be bothered to revise? I bet it's just me :tongue:
Original post by Strom
Who else really can't be bothered to revise? I bet it's just me :tongue:

Don't worry, I'm with you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
6 weeks till first exam :zomg:
Who's doing triple science with the AQA board??
Can anyone help - if I do foundation science and get c will it be moved to a b because i got a*in my science coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moe889
Who's doing triple science with the AQA board??

Me, and I guess quite a few people on here are :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest