The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vd12345
Yeah u do loool

Shrug. At least I know it :cool:....Guess that's what happens to you when you've had to listen to your friend for 2 hours acting 'disney-princessy' and 'preppy' just to annoy the Science teacher.... And it's a regular twice-weekly occurrence. So entertaining tho. Even if it does hurt your brain. :biggrin:
Original post by ImagineCats
Hate it when schools force students to learn languages. Yeah they're beneficial and amazing qualifications to have, but if you hate it you can't learn!

Exactly :wink: but its not like its the end of the world ^_^ I think I can be a B or an A at least
Original post by turn-to-page394
You took both? Clever kid - my brain would hurt so bad and i'd probably muddle the language up. :colondollar: Still, glad I took French - in our Yr 10 exams, literally EVERYONE who took German said the exam was ridiculously hard and some had nervous breakdowns. No joke.

And then there was us frenchies... The test took us all like 30 minutes at most - it was so easy that it was just a waste of time to sit there... I might've almost fallen asleep :cool: Teehee.

French does sound nicer, doesn't it? It's just so 'francaisey' - only way I can think of to describe it haha.

God no I'm not smart! Benchmarks all B's/C's and I'm in middle sets, a B grade student! I just click with languages, but I'm not 'smart' with them at all, I just like learning them even when they kill me with their difficulty at times :colondollar: I completely understand you! I revise by talking to myself randomly in either language and I sound so 'cool' speaking French :P Being able to actually speak a language and be understood has got to be one of the best feelings ever. My language end of year exams are usually past papers so both are of similar difficulty :smile: Favorite word is probably 'Bebe' (with accents on both e's) and 'Petit-mort' XD
Original post by Its_Tito
I loved an inspector calls haha :')

Hope its good I've never read it xd only read OMAM
God no I'm not smart! Benchmarks all B's/C's and I'm in middle sets, a B grade student! I just click with languages, but I'm not 'smart' with them at all, I just like learning them even when they kill me with their difficulty at times :colondollar: I completely understand you! I revise by talking to myself randomly in either language and I sound so 'cool' speaking French :P Being able to actually speak a language and be understood has got to be one of the best feelings ever. My language end of year exams are usually past papers so both are of similar difficulty :smile: Favorite word is probably 'Bebe' (with accents on both e's) and 'Petit-mort' XD

Well, personally I think it's better to actually enjoy something than just be 'smart' - otherwise you'd be bored out of your mind in lessons :biggrin:
Favourite french words: 'Je ne sais pas????', 'NOOOOOON', et 'Tu parle fronglais?' Haha... Oh, and 'orange' :colondollar: It just sounds so much better in french...
Actually, just say everything in a 'francais accent' and it sounds so amazingly 'chic' :wink:
Well, personally I think it's better to actually enjoy something than just be 'smart' - otherwise you'd be bored out of your mind in lessons :biggrin:
Favourite french words: 'Je ne sais pas????', 'NOOOOOON', et 'Tu parle fronglais?' Haha... Oh, and 'orange' :colondollar: It just sounds so much better in french...
Actually, just say everything in a 'francais accent' and it sounds so amazingly 'chic' :wink:

I laughed at the 'orange'! I've made a pact to myself to write 'Je mange une orange' in all of my speakings because it sounds so funny, I get a nice big tick every time :wink:
Original post by vd12345
Hope its good I've never read it xd only read OMAM

It's interesting :') it's pretty fast to read as well, being short...we read it in groups during lessons
My friend in another English class is outraged about the amount of homework they get, which is hyperbolised I bet, so my friend who is also in his English class made a parody of the Hitler Downfall thing with him complaining about homework :lol:
I laughed at the 'orange'! I've made a pact to myself to write 'Je mange une orange' in all of my speakings because it sounds so funny, I get a nice big tick every time :wink:

Haha. :biggrin: You have a nice teacher :wink:
'Orange' reminds me of my Yr 10 Speaking Mock thing where I blanked and said I ate 'orange avec du lait' for breakfast... So awkward - can't believe I forgot croissants.... Of all the things to say... :colondollar:Still, I didn't fail YAS
HEY THERE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!

Is Year 11 going alright? :colondollar:
How many of us have started doing a little revision? I really want to but.... uhh... :redface: :biggrin:
Haha. :biggrin: You have a nice teacher :wink:
'Orange' reminds me of my Yr 10 Speaking Mock thing where I blanked and said I ate 'orange avec du lait' for breakfast... So awkward - can't believe I forgot croissants.... Of all the things to say... :colondollar:Still, I didn't fail YAS

Ahahah! I still can't count to 30 in French.. awks
Original post by Strom

How many of us have started doing a little revision? I really want to but.... uhh... :redface: :biggrin:

its going alrightish for me. so much stress! :macarena:
Original post by Strom

Heeeey! I've started with a tiny bit of maths, 80 topics to cover until the exam in 280 days! Should start on RE too :biggrin:
Original post by Its_Tito
It's interesting :') it's pretty fast to read as well, being short...we read it in groups during lessons

Hope so xD my teacher said we gotta read inspector calls by ourselves ;( nearly finished with my ISA prep :smile: only have to think of and alternative method then it'll be pretty straight foward memorising.. What grades are you aiming for across all your subjects btw ? ;o
Heeeey! I've started with a tiny bit of maths, 80 topics to cover until the exam in 280 days! Should start on RE too :biggrin:

Nice! :cool: I need an A* for my desired sixth-form, so I should probably start maths too :smile: Do you like maths?

Original post by guitaristemily
its going alrightish for me. so much stress! :macarena:

I'm experiencing a bit of stress too. I just realised that in November I'm going to need to learn 2 speeches in 2 different languages :colonhash:
Ahahah! I still can't count to 30 in French.. awks

Oh dear... neither can I :confused:. This is worrying... Meh. I'll live. :P
Learning about 'les problemes a l'hotel' (with all the accents I can't bring myself to put on...)at the moment. Not the most interesting topic... But probably more useful if you actually go to France than say... the difference between qui/que or something pretty random like that :biggrin:
Original post by Strom

I'm experiencing a bit of stress too. I just realised that in November I'm going to need to learn 2 speeches in 2 different languages :colonhash:

i surpose im lucky i didnt do a language then XD
Original post by Strom
Nice! :cool: I need an A* for my desired sixth-form, so I should probably start maths too :smile: Do you like maths?

NO! NO NO NO NO NO! NO NO NO!
In year 9 I was in the foundation set, so I worked hard and now I've moved up 2 sets and still hating it :frown: Can't wait to drop it, but after all this hard work getting me to sit the higher paper I thought it would be such a waste if I got lower than a B.
Yikes, A*'s for sixth form? We need 5 A*'s-C's, so I think I'll live. What are you thinking of taking?
Oh dear... neither can I :confused:. This is worrying... Meh. I'll live. :P
Learning about 'les problemes a l'hotel' (with all the accents I can't bring myself to put on...)at the moment. Not the most interesting topic... But probably more useful if you actually go to France than say... the difference between qui/que or something pretty random like that :biggrin:

We're doing the imperfect atm, and in German I'm doing 'das Dativ' which is just memorizing the genders BUT I CAN'T DO THAT. I've done 3 writings and 1 speaking in French, All B's/A's. Wbu?:smile:
NO! NO NO NO NO NO! NO NO NO!
In year 9 I was in the foundation set, so I worked hard and now I've moved up 2 sets and still hating it :frown: Can't wait to drop it, but after all this hard work getting me to sit the higher paper I thought it would be such a waste if I got lower than a B.
Yikes, A*'s for sixth form? We need 5 A*'s-C's, so I think I'll live. What are you thinking of taking?

Well congrats on moving up! :biggrin: It's a shame that you don't like it - Just focus on the interesting bits to motivate you through the rest :wink:
Yeah, I really wanna get into a grammar sixth form :redface: I want to do Physics, Maths, Further Maths & Computing. Your nightmare essentially! :rofl:

Latest