The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quintessentially
Does anybody else hate when teachers share a class between them, and it seems like they don't communicate because they never seem to know what the other has or hasn't taught?

I just feel like the little important thugs get missed because of it.

Edit: *Things, not thugs. They can miss out the thugs.

Same.
I have it happen for like three subjects. :/
Original post by Quintessentially
Does anybody else hate when teachers share a class between them, and it seems like they don't communicate because they never seem to know what the other has or hasn't taught?

I just feel like the little important thugs get missed because of it.

Edit: *Things, not thugs. They can miss out the thugs.

In Physics we get taught by two teachers because our actual teacher is away but they cover one topic from the syllabus each so there isn't an overlap. Why don't you ask your teachers to do that? It's so much more easier - albeit annoying because one lesson you're learning about the motor effect and the next, learning about radioactive decay....
Original post by tryrevise
I have been finding school so stressful recently :frown: I'm doing fine but I'm a hopeless perfectionist and I keep worrying that it's not good enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's better to be a perfectionist and worry about being bad and work hard than to be lazy, think you're amazing and then not work because of it... :smile:

If you're trying, then it's probably better than you think - dw about it. :console:
Original post by Steliata
I have a listening exam and the rest is practical - I can't remember the weightings but it's heavily in favour of practical, understandably. I'm on Edexcel. Theory makes the listening so much easier though

That sounds alright. Have you done any of the practical yet?
Original post by Canttellyou
Well done! With maths the more you practise, the better you'll do. I was always good at maths but for some reason I couldn't pull my grade higher than a C in year 10 even though I was top set and understood it, but then I started practising questions and exam technique and managed to get an A* at the end of they year, now I just have to try and maintain it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou!& wow well done! I'm defiantly going to start doing past papers soon! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vd12345
yh you have 'art mocks' which actually count towards your final grade, as it is placed in your coursework book...
oh the joys of artistic studies :frown:

ahh I do art too! I don't know when mocks are though. My theme for coursework this year is micro and macro (last year it was flora and fauna) and I'm making a sculpture :smile:
Can someone help me with my french CA please?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Desingu
Can someone help me with my french CA please?

What are you struggling with?
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Thankyou!& wow well done! I'm defiantly going to start doing past papers soon! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunday_morning
That sounds alright. Have you done any of the practical yet?

I'm doing my unit 2 composition this term but apart from that I haven't done anything else. Practical is in April and unit 4 composition in the spring term.

Oh and I'm on AQA, I got mixed up :facepalm:
So tomorrow I'm staying in school until 8:30pm to help the drama department with a show. I'm doing the lights and I haven't even been given a script :eek:
So tomorrow I'm staying in school until 8:30pm to help the drama department with a show. I'm doing the lights and I haven't even been given a script :eek:

Oh dear :biggrin: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so stressed about mocks Dx The only good thing about today was finding out that we're six weeks ahead of the scheme of work in music.

Also, new phone :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I'm so stressed about mocks Dx The only good thing about today was finding out that we're six weeks ahead of the scheme of work in music.

Also, new phone :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm starting to stress about mocks too. I'm already on half term and I haven't done as much revision as I wanted to, and I'm going away on Friday so I'm going to have to try and do more tomorrow!

Nice, what phone did you get? :smile:
Do not stress about mocks guys.

I have been and done GCSEs two years in a row now, this is my third. Just make all your revision materials now and ensure you understand all the content.

Mocks are not important, making sure you are prepared for the real thing is :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I'm starting to stress about mocks too. I'm already on half term and I haven't done as much revision as I wanted to, and I'm going away on Friday so I'm going to have to try and do more tomorrow!

Nice, what phone did you get? :smile:

I'm away all of half term, and mocks are four weeks after we get back. Dx Panic!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini :biggrin: I finally got a contract!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my god that was so stressful

I've never got such bad stage fright... And I wasn't even on stage!

Need a mug of hot chocolate to calm myself down lol
Oh my god that was so stressful

I've never got such bad stage fright... And I wasn't even on stage!

Need a mug of hot chocolate to calm myself down lol

How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
How did it go?

It went okay. My boyfriend, who is awesome at the technical side of stuff, programmed the lights. He did a great job of it and it was fine until the end. He didn't get time to program the end, where all the complicated lights were, so I had to do it manually, and I got mixed up and forgot some spotlights, so I just ignored that bit. It was so scary because I got totally confused but nobody seemed to notice. Thank god. I was shaking the whole way through lol
It went okay. My boyfriend, who is awesome at the technical side of stuff, programmed the lights. He did a great job of it and it was fine until the end. He didn't get time to program the end, where all the complicated lights were, so I had to do it manually, and I got mixed up and forgot some spotlights, so I just ignored that bit. It was so scary because I got totally confused but nobody seemed to notice. Thank god. I was shaking the whole way through lol

Well, at least it went okay! Well done :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest