The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think mine just made a random mark up for how much she liked people :redface:
Reply 61
calcium878
I think mine just made a random mark up for how much she liked people :redface:

wow, that's kinda unfair
This reply might be long, so bear with me lol..
Anyway, this week i had my group work and individual presentation. The group was good, we just discussed "hard times" by dickens and presented our ideas to the class, then for the individual one we had to do the same, basically. but by ourself.
So, the replies on this thread really made go for it,so i did. I asked her what i got and...........high C/low B and that she might push it up to a low B ( just for the individual one, don't know about the group one) i was shocked, not to blow my own trumpet but i'm an a* student, predicted A*'s for basically everything. My teacher gave others an A for basically nothing.
I wasn't the only one to complain and others did too, all she said was that she was as generous as possible and probably won't be changing any marks.
So finally i guess what i want to know is... can i still get an A* overall? and what about the last acitivity (the drama one) if i go all out on that one will it help boost my grade? Thanks!
k-boz
wow, that's kinda unfair
This reply might be long, so bear with me lol..
Anyway, this week i had my group work and individual presentation. The group was good, we just discussed "hard times" by dickens and presented our ideas to the class, then for the individual one we had to do the same, basically. but by ourself.
So, the replies on this thread really made go for it,so i did. I asked her what i got and...........high C/low B and that she might push it up to a low B ( just for the individual one, don't know about the group one) i was shocked, not to blow my own trumpet but i'm an a* student, predicted A*'s for basically everything. My teacher gave others an A for basically nothing.
I wasn't the only one to complain and others did too, all she said was that she was as generous as possible and probably won't be changing any marks.
So finally i guess what i want to know is... can i still get an A* overall? and what about the last acitivity (the drama one) if i go all out on that one will it help boost my grade? Thanks!

I think so, that individual presentation will be worth no more than 5% of your final grade - don't worry!
Reply 63
/\

Also, remember that not all assesments are put foward as coursework. Of all the ones I did last year, I have found out this year that only one is being submitted.

I'm not throwing you in this group, but there are always very clever people who are quite and shy so don't like this type of thing. They don't alawys get top grades in them but they sure do in other assesment areas, so it makes no difference to their overal grade!
HVP HVP HVP.

What happened to Cal's Spam Server? It seems to have not been particularly active recently :p:
splorgie
HVP HVP HVP.

What happened to Cal's Spam Server? It seems to have not been particularly active recently :p:

Indeed, it's undergoing maintenance :p:
So is mine :redface:

I haven't HVPed so much recently... but atm, not too much work, so all is good :biggrin:
Reply 67
HVP is so old, aiit :p:

I'm going to come up with another word: PSP. Post Spammer Poster.

Someone who is a PSP is teh sex.
Coolies: It shall now describe us both :p:

I declare, so let it be done :p:
Reply 69
splorgie
Coolies: It shall now describe us both :p:

I declare, so let it be done :p:

PSPs of the world unite and HVP! Heh, we're creating our own language here. :biggrin:
Yayers, TSR language pwns all! :p:
Reply 71
splorgie
Yayers, TSR language pwns all! :p:

Alright, lets move out of this thread for our legal HVPing thread to become a PSP! Yayers FTW! Roflcopter 1337! Huzzah...teh sex. :p:
I got a B/C for my first try :frown: :frown: I wasnt fluent enough .... :frown:

I'm being assessed in 2 weeks in a debate ... I'm hoping for an A/B :smile: My teacher never give's us A's :eek: :frown:
Reply 73
lil_groovy_dude
I got a B/C for my first try :frown: :frown: I wasnt fluent enough .... :frown:

I'm being assessed in 2 weeks in a debate ... I'm hoping for an A/B :smile: My teacher never give's us A's :eek: :frown:

Be the first. Believe, don't take no for an answer. Stare down the barrel of a gun. Pee into the wind. Jump off a cliff. Get an A! :smile:

Don't worry about the B/C, it happens. :hugs:
Cat :love: :hugs:

Cataclysm
Don't worry about the B/C, it happens. :hugs:

:ditto: For my first presentation I think I got a C/D :p: I was so nervous I just read my script :s:
We weren't allowed a script :dong:

Apparently we had to improvise :frown:
lil_groovy_dude
We weren't allowed a script :dong:

Apparently we had to improvise :frown:

Improvisation is worth more marks, supposedly. :smile:
Don't worry about it LGD - my first one, which was a role play of the trial scene in 'To Kill a Mockingbird', was a B and I was devastated :p: but it wasn't my fault... we were in a group of 10, in which I organised everything because the others couldn't be bothered, but who all wanted to be the main part and get the credit... consequently I got the smallest part ever in the role play and got my low mark lol

We then did another individual one where I argued that smoking should be banned from public places. It wasn't particularly fantastic but I still got an A* for it - it's all about how you deliver your speech. You could be talking about carrots and rabbits, but if you speak with confidence they'd just give you full marks :p:

Next... it was a group one again, this time reenacting a scene from 'An Inspector Calls'. This time, it was in a group of 6 and was a bit more controll-able, so I ended up with 10/10 again.

Lastly it was a paired S&L about healthy foods, obesity etc. This one went well too. :smile:

Ahh fond memories :wink:
lol :p:

I think I'll be debating whether school uniforms should be banned or whether smoking age limit should be raised to 18 :smile:

I want the second one ... loads of stuff you could say :smile: