Blues Clues
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all,

I received my AS grades on Thursday and I was gutted tbh D: I got BCCE - enough to get into year 13 - but I was expecting much much higher so I'll have a few remarked (possibly after seeing the scripts).

Anyway, in the event that my grades don't change, here are my results:

Biology (AQA):

Spoiler:
Show

Overall: B, 237/300 UMS (3 off an A)
Biology Unit 3X (EMPA practical): 52/60, A
Biology Unit 1: 75/100, B
Biology Unit 2: 110/140, B (2 off an A )

I thought it went really well in Biology. I was genuinely expecting an A.

English Lang & Lit (AQA):

Spoiler:
Show

Overall: C, 133/200 (7 off a B)
Eng Lang & Lit B Unit 1F: 80/120, C (4 off a B)
Eng Lang & Lit B Unit 2: 53/80, C (3 off a B)

One piece of coursework in Unit 2 didn't go that well but the other was one off a band 6. Similarly, question 1 in Unit 1F wasn't as strong as the second question (which tbf should've been really good because the question was close enough to a mock question our teacher made for us that I could use the same answer)

French (AQA):

Spoiler:
Show

Overall: C, 136/200 (4 off a B)
Unit 1 (Listening, reading and writing): 96/140, C (2 off a B)
Unit 2 (Speaking): 40/60, C (2 off a B)

French was always my top subject this year and I got As in several mocks so I was really shocked in the speaking exam, the examiner told me that I was going to get an A or at worst B, depending on whether they marked me down for something.

I'm looking to do languages at uni (not French) so obviously my poor grades in French and English aren't going to help. I really want to limit my resits because I know lots of unis don't like lots of re-sits but I still want to get the highest grades I can.

I'd really appreciate your honest advice. I'm kind of disappointed because I know I can do so much better but it's only more incentive to work harder next year :P

TL;DR: I didn't do as well as I hoped; I want to re-sit some modules to get the highest grades I can whilst doing the fewest resits possible.

Thanks!
Blues Clues
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
:bump:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.08%
I'm not sure (59)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (387)
29.45%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.82%
I'm not a current university student (646)
49.16%

Watched Threads