Turn on thread page Beta

Online gaming in Uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Just got into Uni and I have decided I'm going to bring my gaming pc with me, I was wondering do universities let their students use any gaming device for online gaming, I'm making the assumption that offline gaming is.acceptable.

I usually spend a bit of my spare time gaming, I don't want to be using all of my time studying. Everyone needs a break. :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simba96)
    Hey everyone,

Just got into Uni and I have decided I'm going to bring my gaming pc with me, I was wondering do universities let their students use any gaming device for online gaming, I'm making the assumption that offline gaming is.acceptable.

I usually spend a bit of my spare time gaming, I don't want to be using all of my time studying. Everyone needs a break. :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, you can do online gaming, at my university at least. The uni is more than aware that you will want some down time and will have time, especially in first year for you to do so. Your uni should have some usage policy regarding internet that you can find online. Ours just doesn't want you doing anything illegal (if caught doing so you will be forwarded to the police ), so they even help you set up your xbox/play station online...

ReputationRep:
    You'll need to check the policy at your uni, but my uni didn't restrict it, and I'm yet to hear of a uni that does.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.