Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing this course in sept at brunel?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm doing this as a foundation year and will hopefully move to computer science next year

ReputationRep:
    3rd Year Computer science student here, please ask if you have any questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jday)
    3rd Year Computer science student here, please ask if you have any questions
    Hı, yeah I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to the course to buy a laptop/MacBook? And if so, which one would be better suited for computer science. Also, I decided to take the foundation year as the lecturers told me the course is maths intensive and I haven't done maths for a levels, do you find the maths in the course difficult? I've got an A for GCSE maths so do you think taking the foundation year was a smart move or should I have gone straight into the first year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hercules5)
    Hı, yeah I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to the course to buy a laptop/MacBook? And if so, which one would be better suited for computer science. Also, I decided to take the foundation year as the lecturers told me the course is maths intensive and I haven't done maths for a levels, do you find the maths in the course difficult? I've got an A for GCSE maths so do you think taking the foundation year was a smart move or should I have gone straight into the first year?
    Mate did foundation year, best advice I can give you is IDK about CS in after years/ foundation was only windows and we used visual basic. He didnt do mathematics either, found it kind of hard, if you didnt do maths a level, he hardly revised but passed, as long as you go lectures your fine seriously, its not that hard. IMO Smarter move to go straight into the first year if you could have gone, if you messed up you could of re-took maths was not that hard and my mate did foundation maths.

Oh Yeah he said take "Study Skills" seriously... like seriously so many people failed that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hercules5)
    Yeah I'm doing this as a foundation year and will hopefully move to computer science next year
    Guess i'll be seeing you there then! I'm hoping to go on to financial mathematics though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.