Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have no certificates, need evidence by today watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So the university is saying they need evidence of my qualifications. Issue is I have none. I went to my school and got a statement of GCSE results, but I have no certificates for my Level Three award, and AS level.

They need evidence by today and I have no way of giving it to them. Even if I was able to get them to wait until I got replacements, I sincerely can't afford it, not even the fee for a single certificate (38 pounds?!). I have no one to borrow from, no job and even my JSA has been delayed. No lenders will give me a loan either.

Can't the universities contact the board directly and ask if I have the qualification I claim to have?

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    You could try to get in touch with wherever you took your AS levels. Drop them an email and ask them to send a confirmation email directly to your uni.

ReputationRep:
    I found the only way was to get certificates. But I was told this right at the beginning of the application process. I'm not sure there's a lot you can do. It took weeks for mine to come through.

ReputationRep:
    tough one, but we were told by our access course tutor that if you can't show proof of your qualifications, then don't declare them.

ReputationRep:
    I had this exact problem. The exam boards have a service whereby they send your results to the uni. It costs money and takes time but not as much/ as long as getting replacement certificates. Google the exam boards.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.