The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
both the manager and the players are the blame.
rodgers using ridiculous tactics keeps morale low because a player in good form like lucas will just randomly be dropped for somebody as useless as allen.

Why is it Rodgers fault? He set up the team and they executed his game
Plan which worked (sterling chances), it's not his fault the linesman f'd up and you gifted us goals/ we were clinical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Plan which worked (sterling chances), it's not his fault the linesman f'd up and you gifted us goals/ we were clinical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is his fault because the goals could have been avoided if Lucas and Toure started the game or if he simply got in a defensive coach this season and sort it out. It's also his fault that he didn't buy a decent striker in the summer rendering all the pressure to be put on Sterling.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
It is his fault because the goals could have been avoided if Lucas and Toure started the game or if he simply got in a defensive coach this season and sort it out.

Yeah suppose so. Not much he can do about offside decision and awful defending by Lovren though, you don't need a defensive coach to tell you what to do in that situation.
Yeah suppose so. Not much he can do about offside decision and awful defending by Lovren though, you don't need a defensive coach to tell you what to do in that situation.

Rodgers cannot drill even the basics of defending into the players, so yh he kind of does need a defensive coach lol. I edited my post above but I added that he should have also brought in a decent striker this summer which is the main reason why we are in this ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

essentially what samir said (as quoted below).
you can't blame rodgers for certain supposedly top-level players developing an inability to score, but all 3 united goals were gifts.
this isn't a dig at united - they have been lucky recently but they take their chances like any other team would do.
all i'm saying is that there's no way we should've lost that game, and we would have easily won if sturridge was there.
but that's football i guess; it's just a bitch and there's no mercy when things aren't going your way.

Original post by samir12
It is his fault because the goals could have been avoided if Lucas and Toure started the game or if he simply got in a defensive coach this season and sort it out. It's also his fault that he didn't buy a decent striker in the summer rendering all the pressure to be put on Sterling.
Original post by Zerforax
Big call by Rodgers if he does drop Mignolet for this game :s

Can you really see no Gerrard starting if we're talking about more likely line up?

I think I was tired writing it, of course Gerrard had to start tbh. Though he was pretty poor from what I saw.

I could only watch it on my phone whilst at work, but from what I saw if Liverpool had a Sturridge/Suarez of last season up front the scoreline would have probably been 5-3 or something. Lucas was sorely missed too, whilst the defence and goalkeeper were terrible. United didn't even offer much, just terrible defending. De Gea is magnificent though.
:smile:

MUFC. Not Nineteen Forever

Taxi for Rodgers

Taxi for Lucio

2nd + 120M = 9th

Louis Van Gaal: Football Genius

Brenda Rodgers:
Football Genius

Revenge
? A dish best served cold. Have it Gerrard you Scouse git.
Original post by samir12
It's funny how Lucas and Toure started the past few games and we stopped losing, today we go back to Lovren and Gerrard starting as a deep midfielder and we go back to losing again. The difference is, Mignolet was dropped and we started with no striker on one of the biggest games of the season. Rodgers continues to confuse and frustrate Liverpool fans and entertain rival fans...

Original post by samir12

Agreed with both posts

Lucas was especially missed for Rooneys goal, no one was marshalling the edge of the penalty box. Whilst Lovren looks so vulnerable it's untrue
Original post by Lúcio

this isn't a dig at united - they have been lucky recently but they take their chances like any other team would do.

all i'm saying is that there's no way we should've lost that game, and we would have easily won if sturridge was there.

Surely nonsense Luke? We thoroughly deserved the three points. You can talk about Sturridge, but we were without Di Maria.

Even with Daniel son, you weren't getting past Dave today. Best goalie on earth. Neuer and Courtois sit down lads, you ain't as good.
Original post by Zürich
Not the first time Robin's put his hands somewhere illegally :tongue:

Robin has also put his hands on the Premier League trophy. Something every single player in the Arsenal squad has failed to do. :tongue:
Original post by Eboracum

Taxi for Rodgers

Taxi for Lucio

2nd + 120M = 9th

Brenda Rodgers:
Football Genius

Revenge

If Everton win tomorrow they're in the bottom half.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
If Everton win tomorrow they're in the bottom half.

Yeah, but tbh I haven't recovered from last season. I am still celebrating Everton and Tottenham dropping points, was gutted with that last minute Spurs winner.
Yeah, but tbh I haven't recovered from last season. I am still celebrating Everton and Tottenham dropping points, was gutted with that last minute Spurs winner.

I don't consider either of them rivals. Think Spurs will beat us when we go to the lane though, they're definitely our bogey team of recent years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
I don't consider either of them rivals. Think Spurs will beat us when we go to the lane though, they're definitely our bogey team of recent years.

Yeah, I'm not taking anything for granted this year. But what I've seen so far suggests we'll finish above Everton and Spurs. Question for me SR90 is can we finish above Liverpool and Arsenal?

Yeah, funny that, because under the R-GOAT (Sir Alex) (r for real), Spurs was almost a guaranteed six points. We had some great wins there. I remember vaguely when we were 3-0 down at half time and won, and I remember a 4-0 with Vidic scoring.

I'm worried about the Villa game now tbh.

Taxi for Rodgers

Taxi for Lucio

2nd + 120M = 9th

Brenda Rodgers:
Football Genius

Revenge

Wow... this post must have took a while to think up you manc scum.
If ever there was a time to consolidate, it was in the summer.

We were on the cusp of something great. Rodgers' signings have failed, and we are now without CL football next season - so who will sign for us now? It's taken us so far back in terms of development. We're back to our 2010/11 standard within three months of running Man City so close.

Lovren was a laughable signing - was he even any good at Southampton? His balance and positioning is borderline autistic. The rumours of him falling out with Gerrard show he has mettle and determination, so why don't we see that on the pitch? Allen was completely sold for their first goal - but A. Moreno was pushing so far up. I feel sorry for Moreno, because he's such a positive player and if you stuck him in a good defence he'd be great, but he's playing in a lacklustre back four and being found out defensively.

Balotelli looked quite sharp when he came on - but I think that's because he just relishes the atmosphere. He could have had a few goals, in truth. Sterling looks weighed down by pressure - he's a ****ing kid, ffs. Henderson, too, looks like he's spreading himself too thinly and Rodgers persisting playing him wide right does nothing for his development. He looks half the player he did last season.

All in all, I'm dreading Bournemouth. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost. We have regressed monumentally in such a short space of time.

Taxi for Rodgers

Taxi for Lúcio

2nd + 120M = 9th

Brenda Rodgers:
Football Genius

Revenge

Fixed :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
Fixed :smile:

Very good. Hope you enjoyed the match my friend Luke :smile:

I felt we were worth the win, although we were bad today. Would you sack Brenda tomorrow?
So Mignolet is being dropped for 'an indefinite period' according to Rodgers.

What do you guys make of this? I think it's a good idea since some time out will be good for Mignolet but I'm not convinced about Jones being in goal at all.
Original post by The.Joker
So Mignolet is being dropped for 'an indefinite period' according to Rodgers.

What do you guys make of this? I think it's a good idea since some time out will be good for Mignolet but I'm not convinced about Jones being in goal at all.

If there was a time to drop him it should of been last month, not during the biggest games of the season..

Quick Reply

Latest