The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

why the **** hasnt can started yet or borini
Reply 7201
I see you've gone for the 7 midfielder formation
Brendan logic: Johnson is injured, so instead of playing another RB, play with three centre backs instead :rolleyes:

Has Manquillo insulted Brendan's mother or something?

Gerrard as well, no need, we won the last two League Cup games without him. Where's Rossiter? Williams? They were good against Boro. We have Arsenal at the weekend, this is just going to knacker the players.
Reply 7203
Is Markovic up front lol
Reply 7204
Original post by sr90
What have Manquillo, Can & Moreno done to be ostracised like this. It's baffling.

Wheeling out Gerrard for his third 90 minutes in 7 days is equally confusing.

Moreno was horrific on Sunday and deserves to be dropped for this match but Manquillo has been outstanding in every game I've seen him play and he's barely been in the team this last month. I'm a bit split with Can, he's good at bringing the ball up the pitch but then will make an awful pass and we're on the defensive again. He also gives away a lot of fouls. However we desperately need someone at the moment who can go past someone in midfield, because that's what drags opposition out of position and creates gaps for us to get in behind. Without that type of player, we just end up passing it around in front of them, not really doing anything with it. I reckon it's worth given Can a run of games so he can get his sharpness up and would hopefully stop making those mistakes.

I agree though that it does seem a bit odd that Rodgers seems so reluctant to play any new signings. It seems a pretty clear indicator to me that many of them aren't his choices and it's his way of speaking out against it.

I would presume we're playing a 3-5-2 today, with Henderson and Lallana as wing-backs, and Coutinho playing behind Markovic and Sterling.
What makes your team selection all the more laughable is that Bournemouth have rested 6 players, they're effectively playing the reserves.
Bold move by BR to play 3 at the back, not sure it's a wise decision though considering our defensive frailties. Gerrard and Sterling should be have been rested especially as we have Arsenal on Sunday. Hopefully Can gets some mins tonight, I really want him to get a regular run of games since he's looked decent so far.
Original post by sr90
What have Manquillo, Can & Moreno done to be ostracised like this. It's baffling.

Wheeling out Gerrard for his third 90 minutes in 7 days is equally confusing.

I agree. At least Markovic is playing. Personally I would have dropped Sterling for a few games.
Alright, not a bad starting 11, prefer sakho, can and borini to be in there somehow. But at least he is starting marko and lallana!
Original post by sr90
they're effectively playing the reserves.

Have they been scouting you all season?
I see a fair few goals in this match, over 3 wouldn't surprise coming from both teams. Really looking forward to this one, honestly can't call the result, Bournemouth been doing really well but is this like Derby v Chelsea, Premier league difference in quality shows? But then, Chelsea and Pool different kettle of fish at the moment.
We're playing well ... Sterling has been abysmal so far ...
Sterling job :smile:
I think Sterling reacted to my comment ... well done lad.

Gerrard, Hendo, Marko and Coutinho have been the stand out players so far.
Markovic 2-0.
markovic ftw lol
Reply 7218
You can stop crying about offside goals now :smile:
Imma chargin' mah Lazar!

Quick Reply

Latest