The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

So with less than a week before the transfer window opens, what will be the silliest transfer rumour we see this January?

Re-signing Torres might come close.. no chance FSG will go near him after what happened in the past.
Original post by Zerforax
So with less than a week before the transfer window opens, what will be the silliest transfer rumour we see this January?

Re-signing Torres might come close.. no chance FSG will go near him after what happened in the past.

Torres is signing for Atletico apparently.

I think you guys will go for Berahino and that isnt such a bad transfer.

The silly transfer is you guys being linked to Cavani.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not replying to a page long post about Henderson being a mini-Gerrard. Lol'd though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7563
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Lmao no. Henderson has a restrictive passing range, and on the whole not great technical ability tbh. Guy is **** in the final third the same as Ramires, sorry James but they're both **** in the box. Henderson is a decent box-to-box player, nothing more really. His ball retention isn't bad to give him credit, as someone said he's not that great a utility man. Works well in a diamond though, think he'd do well in 4-3-3 as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with this.

Henderson's passing range is nothing special. Was it against Sunderland? earlier this season where he was deployed in a deeper role and his aimless punts up field were doing my head in.

I like him for his hard work and endeavor, but he's not and never will be a top notch midfield player.
Reply 7564
Matic is so good. If only we had a player like him in our midfield.
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Lmao no. Henderson has a restrictive passing range, and on the whole not great technical ability tbh. Guy is **** in the final third the same as Ramires, sorry James but they're both **** in the box. Henderson is a decent box-to-box player, nothing more really. His ball retention isn't bad to give him credit, as someone said he's not that great a utility man. Works well in a diamond though, think he'd do well in 4-3-3 as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.
Jones, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Lucas, Gerrard, Markovic, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling

Subs: Mignolet, Lambert, Moreno, Manquillo, Can, Balotelli, Ojo

Unchanged XI. Ojo makes the bench. Balotelli too.
Who's Ojo? He's not even on the Wikipedia page.
Gerrard starting again ffs, what happened to Rodgers accepting that he can't play 90 minutes for 3 times a week?
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Who's Ojo? He's not even on the Wikipedia page.

He's 17.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's only time until we concede...
Brad Jones has an injury apparently
Thigh injury for Jones.
Oh dear. Let's hope this injury isn't serious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7574
I see Mignolet hasn't improved one bit in his time away haha. We're playing poor so far, no tempo or urgency whatsoever
Danny Ward is our 3rd choice GK I think.... can see him playing Sunday if he's fit by the way Migs is playing
Burnley are playing us out of the park, absolutely terrible from us so far
Have we forgotten how to play football in the last five days?
Lucky to go into half time not conceding a goal, was absolutely dire. Second half should be better, Burnley will probably be fatigued from that half.
(edited 9 years ago)
Wow that was a terrible first half!

I think Moreno should come on at LB and Markovic needs to either move up or off. I'd be tempted to bring on Lambert up front with Sterling and someone else playing off him? Not holding the ball up at the moment and it's only a matter of time before Burnley score.

Quick Reply

Latest