The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

lovely way to end the year.

i think the best thing about this win is how comfortable the players have looked.
the chemistry just seemed to flow easily.
this new system seems to have worked excellently although this is only one isolated game.

we still have a few defensive issues - sakho had a nightmare for the conceded goal and mignolet's kicking has been poor.
however Can looked very solid in RCB and i like the idea of Lucas dropping back to fill in whenever he drives forward to start an attack.

all in all an excellent display, sturridge to come back and signings to (hopefully) add.
it's only one win but things are looking much more encouraging.
Reply 7821
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Thanks for patronising us about the potential of a Bayern Munich academy graduate.

shots
Thanks for patronising us about the potential of a Bayern Munich academy graduate.

To be fair the guy probably supports Bayern Munich too.
Sterling should be retrospectively banned, but seeing how the media is dominated by ex-Scousers I can't see a trial by media that Chelsea/Mourinho are getting (pretty unfairly) at the moment, playing out. Really should be a ban but the FA are toothless and probably won't issue one.

Of course if he wasn't English however.
Reply 7824
We're looking a lot better. A lot more intensity in our game and hopefully Sturridge is back soon. Beat Leicester op four doesn't look like the challenge it did a couple of weeks back.

Original post by The Shed End
Sterling should be retrospectively banned, but seeing how the media is dominated by ex-Scousers I can't see a trial by media that Chelsea/Mourinho are getting (pretty unfairly) at the moment, playing out. Really should be a ban but the FA are toothless and probably won't issue one.

Of course if he wasn't English however.

Mourinho is a **** that talks *******s.
Reply 7825
I feel like it's worth pointing out we were only 5 points better off this time last season

How was it patronising? Simply an observation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
To be fair the guy probably supports Bayern Munich too.

Funny how many people it annoys that I support Barca aswell. Get over it. :lol:

And fyi, don't follow German football at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was a good game especially the 2nd half, I'm really happy with that performance. Lallana looks like he has finally settled in and has started to develop a great understanding with Coutinho and Sterling, hopefully more of that to come in the next few games. :smile:
Feels as though all your games are home matches, you've been at Anfield a lot so far this season. Guess it only means more away games in the latter part. It just 'feels' like it, obviously it's not necessarily true.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Feels as though all your games are home matches, you've been at Anfield a lot so far this season. Guess it only means more away games in the latter part. It just 'feels' like it, obviously it's not necessarily true.

10 away games and 9 home games in the second half of the season for us, which isn't bad.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

There's a good revival at Liverpool it seems but i still dont think they'll finish top 4. By March i think United and Arsenal will be far ahead of Liverpool. I think they'll secure a Europa League spot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cBay
I feel like it's worth pointing out we were only 5 points better off this time last season

Well you had 36 points this time last season so you were 8 points better off this time last season.

Still I think you're guaranteed top 3.

Original post by Pn94
We're looking a lot better. A lot more intensity in our game and hopefully Sturridge is back soon. Beat Leicester op four doesn't look like the challenge it did a couple of weeks back.

Mourinho is a **** that talks *******s.

Yeah Mourinho's a **** but there is a genuine media campaign against Chelsea, they'd rather let the super giants and money clubs such as Manchester United and Manchester City beat the more humble clubs who actually spend the right way and not spend the whole transfer window inflating the market. Feel sorry for teams like Chelsea and Atlético who actually work on a budget.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Liverpool are back, **** I'm scared. They're closing the gap on us. Top 3 is guaranteed.

why u trying to cover yourself up for lol. u said they'd finish 3rd a few months ago, got proven wrong and told everyone u were "trolling".

your quite an insecure and overrated poster anyway. all u do is make predictions and show off if u get them right and weasel out when they go down the bog like most of them do.
Original post by Parano!d
why u trying to cover yourself up for lol. u said they'd finish 3rd a few months ago, got proven wrong and told everyone u were "trolling".

your quite an insecure and overrated poster anyway. all u do is make predictions and show off if u get them right and weasel out when they go down the bog like most of them do.

Ain't you the one saying Spurs will finish above Arsenal this season?

You Spurs fans never learn do you?
Swansea were poor tonight. Let's not make any bones about it.

Can's deployment at centre-back was crucial imo. I was dubious about it beforehand, but he excelled. He is strong in the tackle, has a tremendous physical presence and is comfortable enough on the ball to play out from the back where Skrtel/Sakho/Lovren/Toure can't. I can see him becoming a CB in the future to be honest.

Henderson was excellent, too. It's so clear that his game is better without Gerrard. He has to babysit Stevie at times if I'm honest, and being shunted out on the right is not doing his development any favours at all. That ball to Sterling was sensational - if that had gone in, it would have been one of the assists of the season.

Lallana and Coutinho impressed, too, linking up well with neat touches. Coutinho is approaching his peak form imo - it's similar to the last four months of the 12/13 season. The big issue is whether they can do it consistently together and away from Anfield. Moreno/Manquillo were positive (summed up by the former's opener) and there can surely be no way back for Johnson. Let's just get rid of him, Brendan. Give him his big pay day abroad and sever ties. Get him off the books.

Shelvey/Sterling both lucky boys to escape a red. I missed the Sterling incident because I was at the Anfield Road End, but having seen it just now it becomes clear he was very lucky indeed!

All in all, a great night's worth of entertainment at Anfield. That said, these three games are winnable coming up and I just hope we avoid any potential banana skins.
Original post by jam277

i'm still saying it, im not insecure about getting things wrong. only 2 points behind them so its not as a big of a fail than u saying liverpool have the best setup to win the league.

but like i said, ur very overrated on here. most of what u say is with a hidden agenda, surprised more people havent called u out.
Original post by jam277

Who are Spurs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, still have no idea how Sterling didn't get one tonight. Lallana could have had a hat-trick, too. That first-half chance happened right in front of me. Had a feeling it would be a long night, so I'm glad it didn't turn out like that!
Original post by Parano!d
i'm still saying it, im not insecure about getting things wrong. only 2 points behind them so its not as a big of a fail than u saying liverpool have the best setup to win the league.

but like i said, ur very overrated on here. most of what u say is with a hidden agenda, surprised more people havent called u out.

Liverpool of last season had the best setup to win the league. I never said the Liverpool of this season has because we hadn't watched them play a single match... It's like me saying Barcelona have the best setup to win the CL next season.

Oh the bit in bold is correct but then again I've never said I'm the best poster on the forum in a serious sense (nor do I give a damn about it) just like talking about football with other people.

Original post by addylad

A basketball team in the USA.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest