The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Made in Tyrone
Rooney on 320k is ridiculous :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

and 90k a week for Borini is still ridiculous...
90k a week ridiculous? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Rooney on 320k is ridiculous :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It is, that's why he's not on that
Original post by manchesterunited15
It is, that's why he's not on that

I was a tiny bit off Wayne Rooney's new contract. Up to £300,000 a week. £1,785 every hour and just under £30 every minute. BBC SPORT

This is a fun read too
http://ampp3d.mirror.co.uk/2014/02/21/wayne-rooney-earnings/

I don't think you handle the truth :cool::biggrin:
I was a tiny bit off Wayne Rooney's new contract. Up to £300,000 a week. £1,785 every hour and just under £30 every minute. BBC SPORT

This is a fun read too
http://ampp3d.mirror.co.uk/2014/02/21/wayne-rooney-earnings/

I don't think you handle the truth :cool::biggrin:

The Mirror :rofl3:
Original post by manchesterunited15
The Mirror :rofl3:

The BBC gave the same wager ... sooooooo deal with it :cool:
90k a week ridiculous? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

He's not on £320k, and I don't see how that's relevant to the discussion.
The BBC gave the same wager ... sooooooo deal with it :cool:

Please post the BBC source that says Rooney's on 320k a week :biggrin:
Don't see why £90k is still relevant unless we're paying Borini that.

Which we're not. I've read around that he's on £60k atm - still too much, mind.
Borini isn't on 90k a week here :s-smilie:
Original post by Zerforax
Borini isn't on 90k a week here :s-smilie:

£60k.

Had a look at what our wages are and actually I think we have a very good system. Not many players at all are on money that seems unfair, bar Johnson who is on his last year of this contract and will be having a sizeable reduction if he stays.

FSG have a sensible policy in terms of wage structure as well. Eg contrast this to United starting an 18 y/o on £100k. Moreno will be on substantially less :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1650
Original post by Endless Blue
£60k.

Had a look at what our wages are and actually I think we have a very good system. Not many players at all are on money that seems unfair, bar Johnson who is on his last year of this contract and will be having a sizeable reduction if he stays.

FSG have a sensible policy in terms of wage structure as well. Eg contrast this to United starting an 18 y/o on £100k. Moreno will be on substantially less :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What 18 year old is earning £100k? Surely not Januzaj? That is horrendous.
Original post by cBay

Shaw iirc.
Original post by cBay

Shaw, I believe. Even Chelsea thought that was too much...

Januzaj is on about £60k I think, which is more than Sterling.

Although Cleverley, Young and Valencia have got to be the worst.
Might be an unpopular view here but I think Welbeck could turn out exactly the same as Sturridge. There are so many similarities. They have both tried at a big club and shown real promise but never really broke into the first team. They were both out of position which is a key reason they never made the first team. If Welbeck gets a run of games at striker (he defo has until January) then I think he could be very good. I can see him keeping Giroud out the team even when both are fully fit.
Also whilst Wenger has made mistakes I think he has shown he is becoming slightly more adaptable with playing Sanchez up top and playing Chambers at full back (and potentially centre mid in the future.) Also he has started to spend big on players (Ozil and Sanchez) and he bought a striker in Welbeck. I am not Wengers biggest fan but at least he is starting to change, much less stubborn that a few years ago. Lets not forget some of the players that have transformed from average players into world beaters under him and often they say it is largely down to him. He can have an amazing impact on some players.
paper rumours were that Shaw was gonna get 160k

and to think there was mass outcry in Liverpool when we gave Sterling his contract and bumped him to 35-40k
Original post by Endless Blue
£60k.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I presume we give a big contract once they prove their worth? The only risk is that when our team peaks in a few years, the wages will go through the roof. Hopefully we have success to match the increased wage bill then though.

Johnson is on like half his previous wages (his final year is on a reduced basis).

Man Utd are all over the place with their wages. They can't get rid of any average players and even the new stars are having money thrown at them. Their wage bill must be pretty big now (even after reducing the squad numbers I think).

Original post by Alex Doran
Might be an unpopular view here but I think Welbeck could turn out exactly the same as Sturridge. There are so many similarities. They have both tried at a big club and shown real promise but never really broke into the first team. They were both out of position which is a key reason they never made the first team. If Welbeck gets a run of games at striker (he defo has until January) then I think he could be very good. I can see him keeping Giroud out the team even when both are fully fit.
Also whilst Wenger has made mistakes I think he has shown he is becoming slightly more adaptable with playing Sanchez up top and playing Chambers at full back (and potentially centre mid in the future.) Also he has started to spend big on players (Ozil and Sanchez) and he bought a striker in Welbeck. I am not Wengers biggest fan but at least he is starting to change, much less stubborn that a few years ago. Lets not forget some of the players that have transformed from average players into world beaters under him and often they say it is largely down to him. He can have an amazing impact on some players.

Welbeck has never looked clinical though? Sturridge showed he could be during his time at Bolton.
Lol Welbeck's issues aren't that he's misused or underused, they're that he's simply not as naturally talented as Sturridge...
Is Valdes happening?

Welbeck has never looked clinical though? Sturridge showed he could be during his time at Bolton.

He looked good in a short spell at Sunderland. Not over the whole loan spell but there was like a 10 game period where he was very good. He has never been clinical but he has goals in him as shown in short bursts of regular football for United and England, not a bad record for England.
Man Utd are all over the place with their wages. They can't get rid of any average players and even the new stars are having money thrown at them. Their wage bill must be pretty big now (even after reducing the squad numbers I think).

Not entirely true as we've let 16 players leave this summer including loanees. In terms of deadwood Kagawa, Hernandez, Cleverley, Zaha, Buttner, Macheda & Bebe are all off the books, as are Welbeck, Giggs, Ferdinand, Evra and Vidic who were all earning huge wages. There was so much ****e in the squad it was never going to be eradicated in one transfer window, Arsenal took 3-4 years to ditch all of their dross.

As for Welbeck:
Welbeck appearances up front last season:

Welbeck appearances on the wing last season:

His chance conversion rate was equal to Sturridge.

Quick Reply

Latest