The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Original post by Lúcio
Lambgoat*

just no
Original post by Zerforax
Maybe watch him play more often? I agree that he can be selfish and when he's in an attacking position he wants to try and score but he regularly runs into the channels (mainly the right) and gets involved to try and set up his team mates. Plenty of examples of that in the game against Southampton. If anything, he should've been in the box more often against them.

So annoying that Man Utd have had such an easy start to this season. Would've loved it if they dropped a ton of points to begin with. Only 12 days for them to get some more signings - their squad looks so average to me.

Lol they already have dropped a ton of points
Yeah those 7 points dropped by United could really come out to be crucial.

We've got a great run of fixtures coming up, if we get 18/18 then I reckon you can pencil us in as definites for top 4, given the points our rivals have already dropped and probably will drop in the next few games.

United's fixtures are easy but you don't see them going through unscathed, you can actually see them dropping a lot of points lol.
Yeah we need to get as many points as possible in the next 6 games. There's going to be a lot of dropped points as the top 4 contendors will be playing against each other in during the time. Next GW is Arsenal v Man City. Then Man C v Chelsea. And the likes of Utd v Everton and Chelsea v Arsenal etc during the next 6 GWs
Original post by mr tim
Yeah we need to get as many points as possible in the next 6 games. There's going to be a lot of dropped points as the top 4 contendors will be playing against each other in during the time. Next GW is Arsenal v Man City. Then Man C v Chelsea. And the likes of Utd v Everton and Chelsea v Arsenal etc during the next 6 GWs

The only game I expect that we "might" drop points in is the Merseyside derby.
Other than that we really should be picking up 5 wins.

Although football is seldom as simple as that - expect surprises, expect frustration...
Lol @ people saying England should get someone like Rodgers and Martinez as the next manager. Who on EARTH - let alone two of the best managers in this country working wonders with two of the most historic clubs - would put themselves down the dead-end cul-de-sac route of managing England? It's a career death.
Hodgson was the worst possible choice as England manager, the FA obviously didn't look at the mess he left us in.
Bet Harry is well happy he didn't get the job now. Although he probably would have loved the £3.5m or so salary (and £3.5m after tax).
Hehe I remember that before Villa at home last season, I was saying things like 'City's 7-0 over Norwich could be under threat as the biggest win this season'. Then Mignolet happened.

Lovely flick by Henderson to set up Sturridge in that game.
Lol at Liverpool fans talking about our average squad. The bitterness about our recent spending is hilarious.

Our attackers of RvP, Rooney,Falcao, Mata > Sturridge, Ballotelli, Sterling and Lambert

Our midfield of Di Maria, Herrera, Blind, Carrick is superior to Gerrard, Can, Allen, Lucas, Henderson.

And defences there isn't much in it with Rafael, Jones, Rojo, Shaw against Moreno, Lovren, Sakho, Johnston.

In b4 Falcao will flop, your squad is unbalanced, we won the second place trophy last season, Sterling is the new Messi.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hayles101
Lol at Liverpool fans talking about our average squad. The bitterness about our recent spending is hilarious.

Our attackers of RvP, Rooney,Falcao, Mata > Sturridge, Ballotelli, Sterling and Lambert

Our midfield of Di Maria, Herrera, Blind, Carrick is superior to Gerrard, Can, Allen, Lucas, Henderson.

And defences there isn't much in it with Rafael, Jones, Rojo, Shaw against Moreno, Lovren, Sakho, Johnston.

In b4 Falcao will flop, your squad is unbalanced, we won the second place trophy last season, Sterling is the new Messi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who is Johnston?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure we ever said your "squad" was average; it's your "team" that's average...
Your individual players are excellent but that doesn't make them a great team, not just yet.

Yes we're probably bitter that you can just spend your way out of trouble, signing players like falcao in a panic.
But as of now you're 4 points behind us after 3 games - I would refrain from getting cocky until you've at least caught us up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was that about being bitter again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, enjoy 5th
makes insulting remark to our club.
gets 4 replies straight away.
nowhere to be found...
Original post by Lúcio
makes insulting remark to our club.
gets 4 replies straight away.
nowhere to be found...

Jeez relax I'm not sitting on here refreshing the page awaiting your responses.

Don't give me the insulting our club BS, that's all I've heard about my club from your fans every day of the summer.

There point in commenting until January. But if you think because the likes of Cleverley, Fletcher, Young and a few other players that already knew they were off, have got to play our last few games that guarantees as out of top 4, your mistaken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Jeez relax I'm not sitting on here refreshing the page awaiting your responses.

Don't give me the insulting our club BS, that's all I've heard about my club from your fans every day of the summer.

There point in commenting until January. But if you think because the likes of Cleverley, Fletcher, Young and a few other players that already knew they were off, have got to play our last few games that guarantees as out of top 4, your mistaken.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it would be much more useful if you actually replied to my original post.
the second was merely to get you to come out of hiding.
Reply 1817
Lol. Maybe Man Utd fans should hold out on talking about how good their squad is until they've actually won a game in the premier league? :holmes:
Original post by Lúcio
Not sure we ever said your "squad" was average; it's your "team" that's average...
Your individual players are excellent but that doesn't make them a great team, not just yet.

Yes we're probably bitter that you can just spend your way out of trouble, signing players like falcao in a panic.
But as of now you're 4 points behind us after 3 games - I would refrain from getting cocky until you've at least caught us up.

As I said we will see come January. But it's pretty hypocritical considering exactly the same could be said to all the ABUs. So certain were finishing outside into the top 4 yet out of our first 3 PL games, our 6 new signings have barely played 90 mins between them all and 4 haven't set foot on the pitch.

But already the team is finishing 5th :rolleyes:

And as for buying our way back into it, makes up for underspending for years under Ferguson. We sat by and watched for years Chelsea and City have some billionaire owner buy them player after player with money no object while we sold Ronaldo for £80 million and bought Valencia and Obertan.

We are finally starting to spend some of our clubs own money, like we should have been doing for years. If we had of done we wouldn't have got into this mess. Di Maria and Falcao won't be the last, you can be sure of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
As I said we will see come January. But it's pretty hypocritical considering exactly the same could be said to all the ABUs. So certain were finishing outside into the top 4 yet out of our first 3 PL games, our 6 new signings have barely played 90 mins between them all and 4 haven't set foot on the pitch.

But already the team is finishing 5th :rolleyes:

And as for buying our way back into it, makes up for underspending for years under Ferguson. We sat by and watched for years Chelsea and City have some billionaire owner buy them player after player with money no object while we sold Ronaldo for £80 million and bought Valencia and Obertan.

We are finally starting to spend some of our clubs own money, like we should have been doing for years. If we had of done we wouldn't have got into this mess. Di Maria and Falcao won't be the last, you can be sure of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's banter mate, United fans have been writing Liverpool off top 4 before the season started when we lost Suarez and bought Lambert and Lallana. Football fans are the biggest hypocrites so it's nothing new.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest