Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i posted a few weeks ago asking what textbooks are needed to self study AS & A2 Economics. One poster replied that self studying economics was extremely difficult and it also appears many do not rate the main textbook very highly.

Having now received my AS & A2 self studied geography results i'm inclined to believe that having some assignments marked and therefore gaining a better understanding of what level work i was currently doing, would have helped me to achieve a better grade. I am a very mature student so my school exams were structured very differently and were many years ago. (Though i may have fared better if i hadn't gone over GCSE syllabus and taken six future learn courses at the same time). Still managed an overall B grade.

I an now looking for either an online distant learning course or a good tutor.
    I have found the NEC (National Extension College) do a course for economics with Edexcel and wondered if any one has experience with this company and whether it was good experience.

Alternatively has anyone any tips on finding a reasonable tutor preferably one who can help me improve exam techniques.

ReputationRep:
    Having a tutor for a course without any regular tuition in college is going to be expensive since you may need weekly lessons. You could try www.firsttutors.co.uk making sure that you get someone who has experience with the edexcel syllabus.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know about tutors, but the website Tutor2u has great resources for economics and Memrise is a revision site where people have put Economics quizzes, or you can make your own

ReputationRep:
    Tutor2U has a lot of explanations and diagrams that go into more detail than most of the text books I've seen

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.