Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just got my first year A-level results in Maths(Edxcel), Physics (OCR spec A)
    I haven't got the grades that I wanted so I thought that is it possible for me to retake these whole subject exams in January? I understand exams board no longer offer the January examination service anymore, however other countries abroad do facilitate this service such as (Pakistan).

Is it possible if retake these exams abroad (same papers)? And then return to the Uk and continue with my A2 exams.

I know this sounds a bit long but I don't want to loose a year. My plan is to go abroad for a few weeks before my Jan exam and stay with family as well getting a tutor to iron out any problems I have.

Can someone who has a clear understanding and knowledge of this matter let me know if this could be done or not?

I don't see why I cant as the exams papers are the same they're no different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faris118)
    I have just got my first year A-level results in Maths(Edxcel), Physics (OCR spec A)
    I haven't got the grades that I wanted so I thought that is it possible for me to retake these whole subject exams in January? I understand exams board no longer offer the January examination service anymore, however other countries abroad do facilitate this service such as (Pakistan).

Is it possible if retake these exams abroad (same papers)? And then return to the Uk and continue with my A2 exams.

I know this sounds a bit long but I don't want to loose a year. My plan is to go abroad for a few weeks before my Jan exam and stay with family as well getting a tutor to iron out any problems I have.

Can someone who has a clear understanding and knowledge of this matter let me know if this could be done or not?

I don't see why I cant as the exams papers are the same they're no different.
    OCR does not offer exams internationally (they have an international arm called CIE which has different exams). Edexcel does but I am fairly sure that you cannot mix and match UK and international units - the codes are different.

Even if it were possible, I imagine your school would take a very dim view of you missing weeks of school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    OCR does not offer exams internationally (they have an international arm called CIE which has different exams). Edexcel does but I am fairly sure that you cannot mix and match UK and international units - the codes are different.

Even if it were possible, I imagine your school would take a very dim view of you missing weeks of school.
    I don't mean sitting a different paper.
    For example - I want to retake Edexcel Maths C1/C2 , and abroad they still have Jan exams and offer the Edexcel Maths C1/C2 can I still do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faris118)
    I don't mean sitting a different paper.
    For example - I want to retake Edexcel Maths C1/C2 , and abroad they still have Jan exams and offer the Edexcel Maths C1/C2 can I still do this?
    Edexcel offer IAL A levels in January, (http://www.edexcel.com/quals/ial/Pages/default.aspx ) but these are not the same as UK ones. The UK ones are only available in the Summer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.