0%
    Unemployed
    0%
    Student
    0%
    Employed (Part time)
    100.00%

ReputationRep:
    Not as stupid as it sounds...So I'm filling in my PCDL at the mo and have got to the employment Q.

Now, I've handed in my notice at my full time job, last day being 12/09. I start my MSc course on 15/09.

You aren't eligible for the loan if you earn more than £16k (the full time job paid me £18k) and I'll get full pay at the end of August and Sept. The form, if employed, wants details of pay so if I put those details down, surely I'd become ineligible?

I'm also looking for a part time job so I'm hoping to start working in between all of this if I get one.

I called up Co-op who I'm applying to and said I'm currently working my notice period, so she said put unemployed although she did say she's unsure as she isn't trained in PCDL stuff.

So what should I tick?

I was thinking unemployed, as I will be (possibly) by the time they process it. And write a letter or get HR to write it explaining I finish on 12/09.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icapturethecastle)
    Not as stupid as it sounds...So I'm filling in my PCDL at the mo and have got to the employment Q.

So what should I tick?

I was thinking unemployed, as I will be (possibly) by the time they process it. And write a letter or get HR to write it explaining I finish on 12/09.
    If you were advised to tick unemployed by the bank, that's what I'd do. Especially since being employed will deem you ineligible based on your income. I'd also avoid writing a letter trying to explain your situation. Basically, they want to see the information they ask for in the way they ask for it; they don't really want to hear how their forms are ambiguous or that they don't apply to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'm just worried that I technically am employed, and IF I were to get a part time job then in none of that time I have actually been unemployed and so on a loans form that might be considered as fraud - eek!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by icapturethecastle)
    To the best of your knowledge, for the period you require the loan, you will be unemployed. If you become employed in any way from the date you receive the loan, then inform them of the fact (not the intention or aspiration or hope etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    To the best of your knowledge, for the period you require the loan, you will be unemployed. If you become employed in any way from the date you receive the loan, then inform them of the fact (not the intention or aspiration or hope etc)
    That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.