Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I've been offered superior standard accommodation at Lancaster and wanted to know the bed size and how decent the bedding pack you can get is? Finally, what are the rules regarding putting posters etc on accommodation rooms?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmyconcarne)
    Hey all, I've been offered superior standard accommodation at Lancaster and wanted to know the bed size and how decent the bedding pack you can get is? Finally, what are the rules regarding putting posters etc on accommodation rooms?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Usually standard single beds. The bedding pack isn't good quality but it does the job well enough and prevents you having to lug any duvets with you. Posters are allowed on doors put up with white tack.

ReputationRep:
    The official stance on posters is only on doors but I had three posters on my walls all of last year and had no problems. Even when the Accommodation officer did room checks he didn't tell me to take them down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9markiii)
    Usually standard single beds. The bedding pack isn't good quality but it does the job well enough and prevents you having to lug any duvets with you. Posters are allowed on doors put up with white tack.
    Wait, are they actually standard single beds? Because I actually went and bought 2m long fitted sheets because I read that the beds at 2m...

ReputationRep:
    I got a reply from the official Lancaster Q&A thread which says that the beds where I am are standard single, not sure what they are for other types though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathiye)
    Wait, are they actually standard single beds? Because I actually went and bought 2m long fitted sheets because I read that the beds at 2m...
    I read that too when I first applied (and took some non elasticated bottom sheets) but then found ordinary elasticated sheets seemed to fit. I guess it will vary between types of accommodation.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.