Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview next week for Adult Nursing at City, I applied through clearing. The person I spoke to on the phone said I should think of strong answers to the questions "What do nurses do?" and "What makes a good nurse?"

I assume these aren't the only questions I'll be asked obviously but since he's drawn attention to them I'm putting more focus on them and thinking of good strong answers like he said.

The thing is the answers I have are more suited to an essay! I could easily write an essay on the topic I think (whether it's good or bad is another issue I guess..) but when it comes to an interview they're not looking for someone to just talk at them for 5/10 minutes are they? So I think maybe they're looking for quicker answers, not vague statements but you know, a couple of sentences rather than a chunk of information and that's where I'm falling down because I have answers and explanations, perhaps they literally just want the answers?

So basically just looking for advice on how to answer it. Not for the answers as I have answers and think I'd best stick to my own ideas for it to be a stronger response, but just how to get it across in the interview which is where I always fall down due to nerves. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinaballerina)
    I have an interview next week for Adult Nursing at City, I applied through clearing. The person I spoke to on the phone said I should think of strong answers to the questions "What do nurses do?" and "What makes a good nurse?"

I assume these aren't the only questions I'll be asked obviously but since he's drawn attention to them I'm putting more focus on them and thinking of good strong answers like he said.

The thing is the answers I have are more suited to an essay! I could easily write an essay on the topic I think (whether it's good or bad is another issue I guess..) but when it comes to an interview they're not looking for someone to just talk at them for 5/10 minutes are they? So I think maybe they're looking for quicker answers, not vague statements but you know, a couple of sentences rather than a chunk of information and that's where I'm falling down because I have answers and explanations, perhaps they literally just want the answers?

So basically just looking for advice on how to answer it. Not for the answers as I have answers and think I'd best stick to my own ideas for it to be a stronger response, but just how to get it across in the interview which is where I always fall down due to nerves. Any suggestions?
    Hi, firstly good luck! I'm also going to City, haven't seen many others on here!

The interviewers are all sooo lovely at City, I'd suggest going for more of an informal reply to questions. So like, exact answers of what you think nurses do but in short little general sentences because I think the interviewer will probably talk back to based on what you're saying. Don't worry too much about it, definitely don't try to reel off a huge list of everything nurses do. They might not even do those questions and they'll mostly just want you to mention the 6 C's

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.