Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I have been allocated a room in Liberty Docks beginning 2014, is anyone interested in doing a room swap? - am willing to pay if necessary

Any information on Liberty Docks itself would also be appreciated

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hii, I applied for central village and unfortunately didn't get it. So gutted! If anyone knows of any vacancies or want to swap please let me know. I've got an ensuite room at oxley near headingley. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have an ensuite catered room on the third floor of Whetton (Charles Morris), £167 per week. I know its a long shot but looking for any room in Storm Jameson.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have an ensuite room with a double bed in oxley, the halls are lovely but I have lots of lectures and want to be closer to campus. If anyone would like their own bathroom and/or a bit more room please get in touch

ReputationRep:
    I too know this is a long shot, but worth a try. I am looking for a room at Storm Jameson.
    I have been allocated an en suite, catered room at Devonshire Hall however the music/acting/sports facilities are lost on me there and I would ideally prefer to be on campus.
    If anyone allocated a room at Storm Jameson would like to swap please contact me asap as I have to confirm my decision/contract by the end of the week.
    (Needs to be a male as allocation of rooms is gender based)

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd chip in and let you know the two ways to swap rooms

1 - Find someone yourself - i.e. what you're doing now! If you can find someone who is willing to trade rooms with you, then let us know and we can look into processing the room swap for you. You will need to be the same gender and either both be UK students or both be International students. If you find someone who fits the bill - I'd recommend you have a chat via private message to make sure you're both okay with the rent, room etc.

2 - If you've not been able to find anyone to swap with, you'll move into the room you've been allocated, and then we ask you to wait two weeks until we open our transfer list. This gives us time to sort out who hasn't turned up, which rooms we have available etc. We do also find that once you arrive in Leeds, although you might not be in the Hall that you'd always thought you would be, that where you are is just as good and you get on with your new flatmates really well. Anyway - we ask you to wait two weeks (the transfer list opens on 6th October), and if you're still really not happy with the room you've been allocated, we can try to transfer you somewhere else. We do have to prioritise those with medical or financial issues.

If you've got any questions about room swapping, let me know

Sian
    Accommodation Office

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.