slsmithy96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello,

I recently got my AS Results as follows

BTEC L3 Health and Social Care Certificate - Distinction*
BTEC L3 Music Certificate - Was not handed in as handing in entire SubDipolma at end of Year 13, however 3 units are Distinction
AS Biology - U Grade

My 6th form want to discuss my options but what would they be?

I heard it would be either;

Starting Year 12 Again with different subjects (However I want to keep music and Health due to high grades and enjoyment)

Going into Year 13 but resitting Biology - Not sure because means 6 Exams at end of year 13 for it, where I'd not want to carry it on

Pick up two AS's for Year 13 and study with Year 12's for them - I would not mind this as I could try new subjects and continue Music and Health.

What do I do?
Revel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by slsmithy96)
Hello,

I recently got my AS Results as follows

BTEC L3 Health and Social Care Certificate - Distinction*
BTEC L3 Music Certificate - Was not handed in as handing in entire SubDipolma at end of Year 13, however 3 units are Distinction
AS Biology - U Grade

My 6th form want to discuss my options but what would they be?

I heard it would be either;

Starting Year 12 Again with different subjects (However I want to keep music and Health due to high grades and enjoyment)

Going into Year 13 but resitting Biology - Not sure because means 6 Exams at end of year 13 for it, where I'd not want to carry it on

Pick up two AS's for Year 13 and study with Year 12's for them - I would not mind this as I could try new subjects and continue Music and Health.

What do I do?
It all seems like a very odd mixture of subjects and qualifications to me.. what exactly are you wanting to do after college?
slsmithy96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Revel)
It all seems like a very odd mixture of subjects and qualifications to me.. what exactly are you wanting to do after college?
Music Teaching or Paramedic

Wanted to be a paramedic for the last 4 years but found a love for music and started helping out in Music Lessons at my Secondary school where the 6th form is, and loved it, teaching seems something for me. But also been part of St John Ambulance for 5 years and first aid/paramedic stuff I enjoy too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (43)
14.93%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (93)
32.29%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (36)
12.5%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (24)
8.33%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.9%
I think it's an unfair expectation (72)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.04%

Watched Threads